A bigger iPhone

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So update the apps to work on various resolutions. And don't give me the bs that apple can't do it. I know you hate anytime android is mentioned but if android apps can work fine on every possible screen size apple and their developers can adjust their few apps to work with more than just 3 resolutions.

I had a Atrix and Inspire. Not all apps viewed properly on both devices. That is flaw with Android.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You have always seemed to have so much hostility towards Apple, just have to ask, why do you still use their products?

What I can't voice an objection to the petty lawsuits they file? Sorry I don't have my mouth wrapped around the Apple Teet like many of you. Not to mention just because I don't like how a company is run doesn't mean I can't use their products. Maybe next time I should ask you for permission before I post anything since it seems like posting something you don't agree with is a no no..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Since when has Apple ever really cared what other tech companies are doing?? Never.

That's what makes them who they are, they march to the beat of their own drum. They don't keep pace with anyone but themselves, which is something they should never change.

Apple most certainly cares about what other tech companies are doing. They would be fools if they didn't which they aren't. You do not think Apple is VERY aware of Samsung, Amazon, Google and others? They will absolutely keep pace with them however, there goal is to surpass them on every level (if they haven't already).

Understand, Apple is not the pioneer of all the products they offer. In some cases they enter the game later but again, with the goal of offering a better product.

So yes, while Apple does march to the beat of there own drummer (credit to Jobs), Apple clearly recognizes they need to keep pace with the industry/competition and also, outpace them to be the company of choice.

This is why I feel a bump in display size will be inevitable.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
What I can't voice an objection to the petty lawsuits they file? Sorry I don't have my mouth wrapped around the Apple Teet like many of you. Not to mention just because I don't like how a company is run doesn't mean I can't use their products. Maybe next time I should ask you for permission before I post anything since it seems like posting something you don't agree with is a no no..:rolleyes:

Why that hostility toward me? All I did was ask a valid question based upon a majority of your posts here. If I didn't like something as much as you appear to dislike Apple or what they are doing with their products, I wouldn't own them. It's pretty simple actually. I was just curious as to what your logic is. Nothing more, nothing less. And on a side note please don't imply you can't speak your mind here (as long as it is within the forum guidelines) because that is not the case, and you are well aware of that.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Why that hostility toward me? All I did was ask a valid question based upon a majority of your posts here. If I didn't like something as much as you appear to dislike Apple or what they are doing with their products, I wouldn't own them. It's pretty simple actually. I was just curious as to what your logic is. Nothing more, nothing less. And on a side note please don't imply you can't speak your mind here (as long as it is within the forum guidelines) because that is not the case, and you are well aware of that.

Like I said in my post has nothing to do with what they are doing with their products and has everything to do with the childish lawsuits they file anytime some competitors product starts selling well.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Like I said in my post has nothing to do with what they are doing with their products and has everything to do with the childish lawsuits they file anytime some competitors product starts selling well.

It goes both ways. But I agree, none of these companies should be partaking in these lawsuits.

learn999

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't ever want it to be bigger.

I agree.
9.gif

rlicim

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Well everyone is wishing to get a bigger iPhone the next time they release it but I am quite doubtful of how they are going to play it. I know that Steve is the main factor while they have not jumped to the 4 inch screen bandwagon and though a new head is at the helm, we could not be too sure with how they are going to play things.

We could all just hope that they decide to take that route.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Trust me. Everyone is not wishing for a larger phone, only the people posting in A Larger Phone thread. The majority of the several hundred million customers are just fine with the current phone size.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Trust me. Everyone is not wishing for a larger phone, only the people posting in A Larger Phone thread. The majority of the several hundred million customers are just fine with the current phone size.

How do you know what the "majority" of "several hundred million customers" want? Do you have any facts or study that would back up your statement?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I love the current size of the iPhone. If it got too much bigger I would seriously consider never upgrading my device.. Just sticking with the 4S/4 models..

Reactions: DannyMichel

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I love the current size of the iPhone. If it got too much bigger I would seriously consider never upgrading my device.. Just sticking with the 4S/4 models..

No one is forcing you to upgrade. Just because they make a new larger model doesn't mean you have to upgrade. I dont understand why people are getting so upset. If you don't like it don't buy it simple as that.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
No one is forcing you to upgrade. Just because they make a new larger model doesn't mean you have to upgrade. I dont understand why people are getting so upset. If you don't like it don't buy it simple as that.
ummmm, thats exactly what she just said. what was the point of that? she just said she wont buy it if she doesnt like it

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site

You say that now but APPLE has a way of enticing folks to purchase there products...Apple will, more than likely, make a larger display iPhone but, I believe its going to be the internal hardware that will be the difference maker. Primarily, the LTE radio. Many people do not see the need for LTE just yet, but they will very soon as its going to be a necessity in the very near future.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I agree that a lot of current iPhone users are satisfied with the current size of its display, but I also am aware that a lot of people are dissatisfied with its size. With that in mind, it is safe to assume that because of brand loyalty, people will purchase the next iPhone whether the screen size increases or remain the same, in my opinion. Not everyone will, however.

Just Me, D

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree that a lot of current iPhone users are satisfied with the current size of its display, but I also am aware that a lot of people are dissatisfied with its size. With that in mind, it is safe to assume that because of brand loyalty, people will purchase the next iPhone whether the screen size increases or remain the same, in my opinion. Not everyone will, however.

Just Me, D

Same reason all those were so "upset" that the 4s didn't have a larger screen and it still sold better than any previous iphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice