A bigger iPhone

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
It's not going to happen. Apple has stated many times that they believe this is the perfect size for a phone. It's not going to get bigger.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Still seems like a lot wanting a lesser quality screen. Hopefully Apple doesn't cave in. Whatever the case, the quality of screen is more important than an insignificant size bump.

ltieperman

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Fascinate, and I love it...but I'm going to jump IF the iPhone screen goes to at least 4", and especially if it gets LTE plus a 4" screen. I have an iPod touch, and plenty of my buddies have iPhones, and my Fascinate is barely bigger in overall dimensions when you hold them side by side. The phone itself does not have to get much bigger, just the screen real estate. 4" is perfect, imo. My guess is that if Apple moves to a 4" screen, you will see a lot more Android folks jump ship. I'm pretty sure I will.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Rumor in Cupertino at the moment is the device will remain the same size though it is not set in stone just yet. I was hoping it would be a smidge bigger but I've now heard otherwise.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree the screen needs to be bigger. When you think about it they could add screen size without making the device much larger. The front of the iPhone has a lot of unused space just make it screen. Also, Apple is going to want a device that keeps pace, in screen size, with Samsung and Moto.

I believe once people actually experience the larger screen they will learn to love it just like the current one. Coming from android devices I really do miss the larger display.

If Apple does release something larger I know they will make it ergonomically comfortable.

Sonlon

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I can accept the 4'' size but not 5.3'' size of galaxy note,so I mean the bigger cellphone is better but it should not too big.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I used to think that screen size was everything. Then, after getting my first iPod touch, I really came to appreciate the great feel it had in my hand, and the ease of one-handed tapping.

That said, I think it would be nice if somehow the screen could be enlarged a little into the surrounding area without enlarging the actual body, or at least enlarging it noticably.

Regards,
Bob
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had a 4.3" Samsung Focus S, and while nice for browsing, just a hair too big. Sold it and got the Omnia 7, much better size.

Although I love the size of the 4S that I have. Maybe 3.7"-4", but thats it.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Rumor in Cupertino at the moment is the device will remain the same size though it is not set in stone just yet. I was hoping it would be a smidge bigger but I've now heard otherwise.

The phone doesn't need to get any bigger to make the screen slightly larger, there is so much bezel on the iPhone it's ridiculous, I hope they finally do away with the home button as well as it's over-used, unreliable, and Jobs wanted a button less phone anyways. The tech is good enough for a capacitive home button now, not only is my home button broken (only works half the time), it developed a hairline crack a couple weeks ago, just too much wear and tear.

Make it 4", give it a notification light, and capacitive home button and I'm in.

FritzDaCat

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the body size the way it is now. If Apple increased the screen size to fit on the same body, I could live with it but I don't want to lose one iota of pixel density (currently 326 ppi). If they stretch the same 640x960 pixels to a bigger screen size, I'll be hugely disappointed. And I seriously doubt that they will.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I can accept the 4'' size but not 5.3'' size of galaxy note,so I mean the bigger cellphone is better but it should not too big.

I was playing with our demo today for the Note. That thing is obscenely big. Too big. Beautiful display but I couldn't use it as a daily phone.

I reaaaally want a 4" screen. The only thing I miss from android is my galaxy s super amoled.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The phone doesn't need to get any bigger to make the screen slightly larger, there is so much bezel on the iPhone it's ridiculous, I hope they finally do away with the home button as well as it's over-used, unreliable, and Jobs wanted a button less phone anyways. The tech is good enough for a capacitive home button now, not only is my home button broken (only works half the time), it developed a hairline crack a couple weeks ago, just too much wear and tear.

Make it 4", give it a notification light, and capacitive home button and I'm in.

Maybe I should have been more clear, same screen size. Again not 100% set in stone but as it stands right now, it is the same size.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I should have been more clear, same screen size. Again not 100% set in stone but as it stands right now, it is the same size.

I think if Apple does decide to stay with the same size screen then, most people may feel as though they have a state of the art device that is missing something....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner