Iphone 6!

tedzone

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I would have never thought they would call it ip6 (although I get the theory about the 4s being the 5th iphone) but if they launch ios6 in the new phone-- the idea starts to pick up speed. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would have never thought they would call it ip6 (although I get the theory about the 4s being the 5th iphone) but if they launch ios6 in the new phone-- the idea starts to pick up speed. :)

I think regardless what they name it it will have ios 6 I mean the 4s launched with ios5

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they will just call it iPhone and give it the (6th generation) title like they've doe the new iPad.???

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they will just call it iPhone and give it the (6th generation) title like they've doe the new iPad.???

I think the ipad is more in line with computers which is why they went with the new "ipad" sort of how they do that with their macbook line.

elkniwcire

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 6

I agree completely with the OP that if they keep the numbering scheme iPhone 6 makes the most sense. It is the 6th iPhone and will most likely be released with iOS 6 and the A6 processor. However I feel that it is more likely for it to just be called the new iPhone or iPhone (6th generation) to fall in line with other Apple products and avoid any numbering confusion.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree completely with the OP that if they keep the numbering scheme iPhone 6 makes the most sense. It is the 6th iPhone and will most likely be released with iOS 6 and the A6 processor. However I feel that it is more likely for it to just be called the new iPhone or iPhone (6th generation) to fall in line with other Apple products and avoid any numbering confusion.

After the announcement of "the new iPad" I too started thinking that the next iPhone would be "the new iPhone" but we'll see in about 6 months or so.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

And the 4s was the fifth iPhone, and it came with iOS5 and the A5 processor...oops!

Apple will either call it the 5 (smart), or something else, phones aren't computers, hopefully they keep giving it a numeric name to distinguish one from another..

Davedes

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
The next iPhone will be called.....wait for it...."The NEW iPhone"

Correct, with apple not naming the new iPad a iPad 3 its a clear indication they are moving away from the numbers. All their other products are not numbered and I think it's something the fans more than likely started by numbering the phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Correct, with apple not naming the new iPad a iPad 3 its a clear indication they are moving away from the numbers. All their other products are not numbered and I think it's something the fans more than likely started by numbering the phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. The ipad is more along the lines of their computers which also do not have numbers. If the iphone comes out and is not numbered then yes they are moving away from the number scheme. I still think they will keep a number scheme for iphones.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not really. The ipad is more along the lines of their computers which also do not have numbers. If the iphone comes out and is not numbered then yes they are moving away from the number scheme. I still think they will keep a number scheme for iphones.

Wanna bet? ;)

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Because causing mass confusion for people is a bad idea. Just because Apple isn't calling the third gen iPad the "iPad 3", doesn't mean they should do the same thing with the iPhone 5.

To be more specific every apple line of products don't have a numbering scheme except for the iPhone and iPad. The iPhone and iPad are a little more understandable as previous models are still sold. The others when something becomes outdated apple stops producing, making it useless to keep a numbering scheme.
I personally think the iPad will do just fine without the scheme and the iPhones won't be that big of a deal. Online sites like eBay and amazon will just start numbering them by generation. The iPod touch seems to do just fine keeping the same form factor.

keri2000

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Without having a numbering scheme, won't buying accessories like cases for the different phones be confusing? Can accessory manufactures use the term 6th generation or similar if Apple doesn't?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen