The next iPhone will be called.....wait for it...."The NEW iPhone"
    ooh just what I was going to say....
    03-14-2012 12:11 PM
    The next iPhone will be called.....wait for it...."The NEW iPhone"
    Correct, with apple not naming the new iPad a iPad 3 its a clear indication they are moving away from the numbers. All their other products are not numbered and I think it's something the fans more than likely started by numbering the phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-14-2012 02:13 PM
    Correct, with apple not naming the new iPad a iPad 3 its a clear indication they are moving away from the numbers. All their other products are not numbered and I think it's something the fans more than likely started by numbering the phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not really. The ipad is more along the lines of their computers which also do not have numbers. If the iphone comes out and is not numbered then yes they are moving away from the number scheme. I still think they will keep a number scheme for iphones.
    redbeard likes this.
    03-14-2012 07:15 PM
    Agreed. I dont see them calling next iPhone the 5.
    Probably the New iPhone.
    03-15-2012 12:05 AM
    Why not simply keep it iPhone? iMac & MacBook Pro stay the same afterall.
    03-15-2012 07:09 AM
    Why not simply keep it iPhone? iMac & MacBook Pro stay the same afterall.
    Because causing mass confusion for people is a bad idea. Just because Apple isn't calling the third gen iPad the "iPad 3", doesn't mean they should do the same thing with the iPhone 5.
    03-15-2012 08:02 AM
    Not really. The ipad is more along the lines of their computers which also do not have numbers. If the iphone comes out and is not numbered then yes they are moving away from the number scheme. I still think they will keep a number scheme for iphones.
    Wanna bet?
    03-15-2012 12:24 PM
    Because causing mass confusion for people is a bad idea. Just because Apple isn't calling the third gen iPad the "iPad 3", doesn't mean they should do the same thing with the iPhone 5.
    To be more specific every apple line of products don't have a numbering scheme except for the iPhone and iPad. The iPhone and iPad are a little more understandable as previous models are still sold. The others when something becomes outdated apple stops producing, making it useless to keep a numbering scheme.
    I personally think the iPad will do just fine without the scheme and the iPhones won't be that big of a deal. Online sites like eBay and amazon will just start numbering them by generation. The iPod touch seems to do just fine keeping the same form factor.
    03-16-2012 01:03 AM
    Without having a numbering scheme, won't buying accessories like cases for the different phones be confusing? Can accessory manufactures use the term 6th generation or similar if Apple doesn't?
    03-16-2012 04:04 PM
    They are gonna be named the New iPhone, the Newer iPhone, and the Newerer iPhone.
    03-16-2012 06:24 PM
    They are gonna be named the New iPhone, the Newer iPhone, and the Newerer iPhone.
    and newest iPhone.
    03-16-2012 07:08 PM
    and newest iPhone.
    "Revolutionary, redefining iPhone, that looks exactly like the last iteration and has the Apple trademark built-in obsolescence."

Think that will roll off the tongue in the next keynote?
    Premium1 likes this.
    03-17-2012 01:38 AM
    iPhone LTE

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    This is it.
    06-05-2012 10:30 AM
    Can yall count??? the iphone 5 is the 4S. The next iphone will be the Iphone 6!

In case yall dont get it.

iPhone (1)
    iPhone 3G (2)
    iPhone 3GS (3)
    iPhone 4 (4)
    iPhone 4S (5)
    iPhone 4GS or iPhone 6 (6)
    The next iPhone will be called what ever Apple wants to call it. That. Is. All.
    06-05-2012 10:56 AM
    why did apple buy the domain www.iphone5.com?

they fought for it...
    06-08-2012 12:56 AM
    why did apple buy the domain www.iphone5.com?

they fought for it...
    I'd guess since they obviously don't care about the numbers actually matching up to the generation, it's because the iPhone coming out this year will be called the 5.

2G First
    3G second
    4S fifth
    06-08-2012 05:01 AM
    OP brilliant logic
    06-17-2012 12:16 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD