Something I'd LOVE to see change on the new iPhone.

Sindervhit

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd LOVE to see Apple go with the same MagSafe Power Adapter that their MacBooks use. It's brilliant, small, securely attaches 100% of the time...it just works flawlessly and it's classy as hell.

That is all.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine can go 24 hours if I use it accordingly. Same as I can get 300 miles to a tank in my Jaguar if I granny it. It's soo much funner not to....

derfel

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
they will not change adapter, a rumor on iPad 3 shows that it has the same adapter of previous models, so iPhone 5 will have the same adapter :D

betty_midd

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I would, too, like to see some battery improvement. As mentioned before, a full day would do. I mean, what's the point of having so many functions if you cannot use them throughout the day. And how come developers did not think about inventing a smartphone with a smart battery?

lthomas926

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they will change screen size as that will effect every app and then you would have two different sizes to build apps for. Apple stays on the side of simple and easy. That's why our phones just work

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they will change screen size as that will effect every app and then you would have two different sizes to build apps for. Apple stays on the side of simple and easy. That's why our phones just work

Admittedly I am not an Apple person...(by that I mean I have not followed them since the inception of the iPhone) but has the screen size been the same since day one?

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Admittedly I am not an Apple person...(by that I mean I have not followed them since the inception of the iPhone) but has the screen size been the same since day one?

Yep.

Magically beamed through the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep.

Magically beamed through the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

Ah okay...I guess what others are saying makes a lot more sense then.

What can they do in the way of a design change then...other than material changes, switching away from glass and the like.

It's going to be interesting really to see what pops out of Cupertino.

JRDroid

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
If they kept the resolution's ratio the same, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to up the screen size. Thats what they did when they introduced the Retina display. Screen size in inches isn't what effects developers, it is the resolution, so they are already coding for 3 screens (Retina, pre-Retina, and iPad). Adding a fourth wouldn't be that much more difficult than 3 (or 2 depending on the app) so long as the aspect ratio stayed the same. For example, doing a 768x1154 pixel 4" display gives you the same 2:3/3:2 aspect ratio of the current and past iPhones and a dpi of about 320, so it would keep retina quality and scaling apps would be easy. And since this is pretty close to the current iPhone Retina display pixel density, just on a larger screen, LCD panel yield rates would likely be similar, so there wouldn't be all that much added cost in parts.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods