Interesting tidbit as to WHEN

AppleSmart

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought and returned a 4s and am now having trouble with my 4 (look up my posts). Anyway, when I went to the Apple store a few nights ago they checked my eligibility on a new phone and to my surprise, my ATT account still said I had the 4s. (I had to straighten that out. ugh!) But guess what the Apple store told me? I was eligible for an upgrade in May 2012. This, being that according to my account I'd upgraded to a 4s on October 14, 2011. hhmm.....

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
At this point, It's anyone guess. Are they going to go back to the June release? Probably not Are they going to start doing releases in October now? Maybe Or are they going to do something totally different? At this point no one knows...Well except for maybe a handfull of people at Apple.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I bought and returned a 4s and am now having trouble with my 4 (look up my posts). Anyway, when I went to the Apple store a few nights ago they checked my eligibility on a new phone and to my surprise, my ATT account still said I had the 4s. (I had to straighten that out. ugh!) But guess what the Apple store told me? I was eligible for an upgrade in May 2012. This, being that according to my account I'd upgraded to a 4s on October 14, 2011. hhmm.....

That will have nothing to do with next release. My opinion is next fall. If we dont see a Keynote for iOS 6 and beta by early April, a summer release of new iPhone will not happen.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Mid October 2012. Between all the Verizon folks that got the iP4 at launch becoming eligible to renew at discounted pricing, and all the AT&T people who are far enough into contracts to be eligible to renew, the user-base will be ripe for an updated iPhone.

AppleSmart

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Mid October 2012. Between all the Verizon folks that got the iP4 at launch becoming eligible to renew at discounted pricing, and all the AT&T people who are far enough into contracts to be eligible to renew, the user-base will be ripe for an updated iPhone.

This makes the most sense.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not holding my breath for an iphone5 as early as may, I could see the ipad 3 out by then. I think the i5 will be the earliest by next fall!

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

I bought my iPhone 4 in July 2011 and was eligible for a full upgrade in November 2011. Won't have anything to do with the release of the next phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2