iPhone 5 will have LTE

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So all the people chiming in saying what the Verizon deal "wasn't" still haven't shed much light as to why they turned down the iPhone back in 2006/2007. If you're going to shoot down people's comments, at least have the legitimacy to post relevant facts that prove stuff wrong.

The truth is, Verizon was more concerned about the iPhone itself if memory serves me correctly...mainly, Apples desire to keep sales, service and upgrades through themselves and give limited function to the carrier (primarily service providing and corporate store sales ONLY). Verizon wanted more control...so Apple went to Cingular because AT&T was just about to ink the deal and make the network incredibly large...spelling big $$$ signs for both companies, and they were willing to give Apple the control that appeased their wishes.

Verizon was foolish, since nothing has really changed (as far as control goes) from the first iPhone...they lost out on a lot of revenue and broader customer base by being bull headed on the control issue.

And personally, i think Verizon still wasn't sure that Apple was going to have success with the iPhone. Maybe a bit too much Microsoft prediction Kool-Aid in their diet at the time (since Gates thought the iPhone was going to be a flop).

Did it hurt Verizon? Not really, outside of investors who would have made out like the AT&T guys did over the first few years. The customers loyal to Verizon got to experience a slew of pretty terrible phones, putting lots of dollars in Palms and other obsolete handsets now...and then building a core of Android fans all the same.

And who really cares? They're all in the cash pool now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I honestly think Tmobile missed the train for a couple of reasons...one is their network, while large, i think the data usage would overwhelm them (See: Sprint), and i also think the merger talk last year kind of eliminated the push for it for redundancies sake.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's LTE network has had it's share of issues and certainly isn't perfect. There were a number of LTE data outages reported from their customers, myself included after using their HTC Rezound for a short period of time. Not only was the speed not what it should have been even when I had a full signal but the data side was up and down. Whether or not either carrier handles LTE data better on the next iPhone remains to be seen. From what I have read AT&T's LTE network is doing just fine so far in it's current areas of service.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Sweeeeet. I can't wait for LTE in my area. I've always been with AT&T, and it's worked for me.:)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's LTE network has had it's share of issues and certainly isn't perfect. There were a number of LTE data outages reported from their customers, myself included after using their HTC Rezound for a short period of time. Not only was the speed not what it should have been even when I had a full signal but the data side was up and down. Whether or not either carrier handles LTE data better on the next iPhone remains to be seen. From what I have read AT&T's LTE network is doing just fine so far in it's current areas of service.

verizon's lte was working great when it was only in 5 markets too.....

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

That is why I say AT&T is doing just fine by taking their time with the roll out. Sometimes being the fastest to come out with the latest technology doesn't make you the best.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
That is why I say AT&T is doing just fine by taking their time with the roll out. Sometimes being the fastest to come out with the latest technology doesn't make you the best.

I live in the middle of the LA basin, one of the largest and most populated areas on Earth, and I'm still waiting for AT$T to get 3G in many areas around here, It might be 2050 by the time they get 4G in most places.

What AT$T will probably do is roll it out in a few big markets, and then advertise that they have "nationwide 4G", and milk it as long as they can. AT$T is not in business to provide good service, they are in business to make their shareholders as much money as possible in the short term.

If I get the iPhone 5 it will be with Verizon or Sprint, the throttling thing is the last straw.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site

What your failing to understand is the 4g network VZ is rolling out is new from the ground up. They are bound to experience some issues. With age it will be more stable just like there 3g network.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Taking there time? Well I guess if that's what you want to call it. They are in trouble and behind the 8-ball when it comes to the 4g arena. Not to mention the HUGE issue with Spectrum. This is exactly why they were trying to purchase T-mobile.....

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Taking there time? Well I guess if that's what you want to call it. They are in trouble and behind the 8-ball when it comes to the 4g arena. Not to mention the HUGE issue with Spectrum. This is exactly why they were trying to purchase T-mobile.....

As long as they get their LTE network up in Philly before the new iPhone comes out I'll be happy. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR