Buy iPhone 4S retail, or hold for iPhone 5

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
After reading this forum of everyone getting their iPhone 4S's I want a new device, but want a 64GB white. Do you think I should save up for the $850 to get a 4s or wait till the ip5 comes out, and why?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If you really need the extra 32gbs of space, I guess it's worth it. I had an upgrade available to get my 4S, but I wouldn't have upgraded if I had to pay full price. I guess it's up to you. Is Siri, better camera, faster processor and extra 32GB worth it. If it is. Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I know.... but $850...? :eek: If I could get Verizon to approve an early upgrade discount I'd consider it. I'm totally at a loss here. :(

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wait. I am on my 3rd soon to be 4th iPhone4s. I'd wait til the 5 has been out for a month. THEN buy it.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt spend 850 on a phone.. no way no how you can buy a nice computer for 850 no way a phone is worth that

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Will the iP5 have LTE at least, or rumored to have it?

The next generation iPhone will definitely be LTE capable. There's no way in heck that the iPhone could remain one of the top smartphone contenders if it doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
After reading this forum of everyone getting their iPhone 4S's I want a new device, but want a 64GB white. Do you think I should save up for the $850 to get a 4s or wait till the ip5 comes out, and why?

If you already have an iPhone 4 now and are happy with it, I would wait till you can get the 4S at upgrade pricing or wait for the next generation iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm certainly hoping the 5 will be LTE capable. But, in the interim I had to upgrade. It all depends on what you're willing to spend. If you can get by without it, wait. If you really want the 4S, splurge.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sell your 4 via eBay .... Sold my 32 for $425 in a no reserve auction and had to pay retail for my 32 4S ... $807 - $425 = $382 for my 4S without an upgrade .... I can live with that lol

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Sell your 4 via eBay .... Sold my 32 for $424 in a no reserve auction and had to pay retail for my 32 4S ... $807 - $425 = $382 for my 4S without an upgrade .... I can live with that lol

I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to state the obvious. His iphone 4 is worth 300+ at minimum. Even if he pays now, he won't have to pay anything for the iphone 5 because he can sell his 4S at that time and just pay upgrade pricing.

Though i think if i was in his having to buy retail position, i'd go for a 32gb one. Splurge on the iphone 5 for extra storage.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to state the obvious. His iphone 4 is worth 300+ at minimum. Even if he pays now, he won't have to pay anything for the iphone 5 because he can sell his 4S at that time and just pay upgrade pricing.

Though i think if i was in his having to buy retail position, i'd go for a 32gb one. Splurge on the iphone 5 for extra storage.

I want a 64GB 4S but what is the point when I have a 64GB iPad 2 lol

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm on a 32GB iP4 now, and have a 64GB iPad 2 WiFi. I guess a 32 would do but I do want the 64GB just so I dont have to worry about space..... I mean I guess I can hold out for another 8+ months for the iP5, just going to be pretty hard lol.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm certainly hoping the 5 will be LTE capable. But, in the interim I had to upgrade. It all depends on what you're willing to spend. If you can get by without it, wait. If you really want the 4S, splurge.

It would make no sense whatsoever for the iP5 to NOT have LTE, particularily on Verizon. With all the 4G LTE Androids they keep advertising.... When was the last time you've seen a Verizon iPhone commercial? Hopefully Apple can master the process with the LTE chipset and battery... :rolleyes:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
When was the last time you've seen a Verizon iPhone commercial? Hopefully Apple can master the process with the LTE chipset and battery... :rolleyes:

I just saw a Verizon iPhone commercial today. I don't think Apple will have any problems mastering battery life and the LTE chipset. ;)

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The why is for you to determine. Selecting a device is never a one-size-fits-all matter. It's surprising how many posts asking questions like this omit the OP's needs/wants/budget/etc. We can't even attempt to tell you why for you without that information.

I wouldnt spend 850 on a phone.. no way no how you can buy a nice computer for 850 no way a phone is worth that
Apples and oranges What good would a computer do you if you need a phone? In any case, there are plenty that buy full retail devices for their own reasons. Worth is also highly subjective.

Depends on who you ask as "the point" is always highly subjective. I have a 64GB iPad 2 and a 64GB iPhone 4s. I don't see the point in not getting the most space available, particularly for devices where you cannot expand the storage capacity. As with anything subjective, YMMV of course.

It would make no sense whatsoever for the iP5 to NOT have LTE, particularily on Verizon. With all the 4G LTE Androids they keep advertising.... When was the last time you've seen a Verizon iPhone commercial? Hopefully Apple can master the process with the LTE chipset and battery... :rolleyes:
Why wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

Apple tends to be slow at adopting new network tech. Do you not recall that it took them a while to get 3G on the iPhone? Back then there were plenty of other devices with 3G and poor battery life.

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The why is for you to determine. Selecting a device is never a one-size-fits-all matter. It's surprising how many posts asking questions like this omit the OP's needs/wants/budget/etc. We can't even attempt to tell you why for you without that information.

Apples and oranges What good would a computer do you if you need a phone? In any case, there are plenty that buy full retail devices for their own reasons. Worth is also highly subjective.

I was comparing technologies... I can get a computer with 8 gb of ram a i7 quad core processor high end video card for 750

how is a phone that does a quarter of what that machine does worth 850
?

hondateg91

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
If I were you I wouldn't spend $850 on a phone. Just save your money for now and wait until the next iPhone comes out even though it might be awhile. I've spent way too much on cell phones in the last year and now realize it's such a waste.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative