I have an iPhone 4 32 gb and my upgrade is due 12/02/12. However, I have an upgrade on my line I could probably transfer on 02/18/12 if I cannot hold out on the 4S.

Not really sure what to do. If an iPhone 5 does come out in 2012 I could catch it on my December upgrade after its been out or not use thy February upgrade and catch it upon release.

Decisions...decisions.
    11-30-2011 02:28 AM
    Don't over think this! Get the subsidized iPhone 4S and be done with it! Next year sell it and use the cash to get the latest model. Repeat this every time a new model comes out and you'll always have the latest iPhone. I sell mine on*Craigslist every year. There's nothing to think about and no guilt. I just do it!*In this way, you pay for it initially and it pays for itself thereafter. This also liberates your mind from the worries and indecision about upgrading. That argument becomes*moot.*
    Who's gonna buy my old 4S for the price of what an outright 5 will cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-30-2011 08:12 AM
    I 2nd this
    Paid 700 for the first IPhone because their was no discount. 800 dollars must be a windows computer.
    11-30-2011 08:21 AM
    I'm wondering if Apple will work out a deal with carriers to let people upgrade early like they did with AT&T and the iPhone 3G to the 3GS, or 3GS to the 4. I don't remember which one it was I just remember seeing this on a Apple keynote......
    12-01-2011 09:48 PM
    I'm wondering if Apple will work out a deal with carriers to let people upgrade early like they did with AT&T and the iPhone 3G to the 3GS, or 3GS to the 4. I don't remember which one it was I just remember seeing this on a Apple keynote......
    I don't think they will. I know that this year, AT&T didn't let people upgrade early like they did in prior years. Also Verizon used to let primary line upgrade every year, but discontinued the program right before the iPhone came out. I believe sprint did the same thing. Luckily iPhones old value pretty well do you can sell it, to help offset the cost of retail cost. Or you can do what I do...have everyone on your account give you their upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-01-2011 10:11 PM
    I don't think they will. I know that this year, AT&T didn't let people upgrade early like they did in prior years. Also Verizon used to let primary line upgrade every year, but discontinued the program right before the iPhone came out. I believe sprint did the same thing. Luckily iPhones old value pretty well do you can sell it, to help offset the cost of retail cost. Or you can do what I do...have everyone on your account give you their upgrades.

That's how I'm getting my 4S in Feb.
    12-01-2011 10:12 PM
    That's how I'm getting my 4S in Feb.
    That's how I always have the newest phones. my wife is happy as long as I get her a good phone. She's happy with her iPhone 4 now, and my mother in law still uses a razr v3m.

12-01-2011 10:15 PM
    Who's gonna buy my old 4S for the price of what an outright 5 will cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A no contract iphone on ebay/craigslist will always sell for the price of the subsidized next iphone model. I got my iphone 4 in June 2010 after selling my no contract iphone 3G 16gb (bought in 2008) for $250. I only put $75 of new money towards the iphone 4 in June 2010. Last month, I sold my 32gb iphone 4 for $375 and only had to pay $75 for a 64gb iphone 4s afterwards. Next year's iphone 5 might be more challenging because I don't qualify for an upgrade until 2013.

12-01-2011 10:38 PM
    wait for the 5. $850 is wayyyyy too much for a phone
    12-02-2011 02:10 PM
    I guess it's up to you. Is Siri, better camera, faster processor and extra 32GB worth it. If it is. Go for it.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings.
    12-03-2011 01:52 PM
    I'm not eligible to upgrade to full discount till Feb/2013. Looks like I'm saving up to buy retail, unless Verizon offers some promotion to early upgrade when the i5 comes out...
    12-13-2011 08:00 PM
    I had a 4 and gave it to a friend to use his upgrade. Have the 4S now and there isn't really that much difference in the two other than I have a white one now. My old 4 was black. No way I would pay 850 bucks for it.
    12-20-2011 05:48 PM
    I would recommend holding out for the 5, but nobody knows for sure when it will come, that's the problem
    12-20-2011 11:22 PM
    I'd only upgrade if you were getting a discount...wait for the i5, it won't be that much longer...or will it!
    12-21-2011 12:09 PM
    I'd only upgrade if you were getting a discount...wait for the i5, it won't be that much longer...or will it!
    Ditto!
    It would be great to have Apple insider news so that we could all plan(budgetwise) for future Apple iOS devices releases.

12-21-2011 01:51 PM
    For those that cash out right before the new iphones come out, do you all use a temp phone in the mean time??

Do you front the money then sell the old one?

What process do you all usually do?

Is the money you sell it for really worth the difference you pay annually?
    12-21-2011 02:57 PM
    depends. what do you have right now?
    12-21-2011 03:09 PM
    For those that cash out right before the new iphones come out, do you all use a temp phone in the mean time??

Do you front the money then sell the old one?

What process do you all usually do?

Is the money you sell it for really worth the difference you pay annually?
    When I got the iphone 4 in June 2010, I still had my iphone 3G. I ebayed it a week later. When I bought my iphone 4S, the same day. 4 hours earlier, I sold my iphone4 on craigslist. I used a motorola razr v3 with the sim card from my old iphone4. It was torture for 4 hours.

12-21-2011 03:11 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD