Apple reportedly has a lot of product releases planned for next year, including updated iMac and MacBook Airs, the iPad 3 and the iPhone 5.

These tidbits of information come from Taiwanese blog Digitimes, which has previously picked up accurate news from sources in Apples supply chain. The product refreshes are said to include complete overhauls of the personal computers named above.

The blogs sources said that Apple is ordering enough inventory to manufacture 2 million iPad 3 units by the end of 2011 and that important iPad 3 components have final order dates in December of this year.

Last month, two research analysts predicted the 2012 iPad 3 launch, as well. Susquehanna Financial Groups Jeffrey Fidacaro and Christopher Caso both published research notes about the device, with Caso saying that as many as one million iPad 3 units could be built between now and the end of 2011.

Earlier in 2011, Apple had to disclose some rather low sales revenues for the iPad 2. During Q2 2011, Apple shipped fewer than 5 million units much lower than the projected figures, which had ranged between 6 and 8 million.

But the company said the lower sales figures werent due to flagging consumer demand.

We sold every iPad 2 we could make, said Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer at the time, indicating that the supply chain was the problem.

In September 2011, we read reports that the company had been slashing the number of iPads it was ordering from manufacturers. According to analysts at JPMorgan, this happened because the company was shifting its focus (and the focus of its supply-chain partners) to the manufacture of the iPad 3.

Digitimes supply chain sources also stated Apple has requested the development of flat panel modules and LED light bars for two iPad 3 prototypes, which were reportedly codenamed J1 and J2. Touchscreen panels should begin shipping this month from TPK Holdings and next month from Wintek.

As for the iPhone 5 and the new iMac, Digitimes predicts a Q3 or Q4 unveiling of those products.

11-03-2011 10:40 PM
    Good to see the rumor mill starting up again.
    11-07-2011 01:26 PM
    God I hope not Q3 for the iPhone 5. I was at least hoping for an around-June release. Oh well, Gives me time to save up more.
    12-13-2011 08:02 PM
    God I hope not Q3 for the iPhone 5. I was at least hoping for an around-June release. Oh well, Gives me time to save up more.
    My guess: iPhone5(or whatever they call it... with LTE...) comes out in October, when all the folks that got the iP4 at launch on Verizon will be eligible to renew & get new phones again
    12-13-2011 10:24 PM
    My guess: iPhone5(or whatever they call it... with LTE...) comes out in October, when all the folks that got the iP4 at launch on Verizon will be eligible to renew & get new phones again
    That leaves me out since I didnt' get my iPhone 4 and switch to VZW on June/2011.
    12-13-2011 11:45 PM
    iphone 4 came out in feb.....(for verizon)
    01-08-2012 04:17 PM
    iphone 4 came out in feb.....(for verizon)
    Yep, and those of us who got it the day it went on sale are eligible for upgrades in October. I know I am!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-10-2012 05:09 PM
    There's always going the "retail-price purchase" route.
    01-11-2012 12:27 AM
    There's always going the "retail-price purchase" route.
    What I did with my 4S and I'd rather have a totally unlocked device for when I go overseas not to mention resale value
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    01-11-2012 01:13 AM
    I wonder if there will be any updates on the MacBook pro or not if I decide to purchase one instead of a pc.
    01-11-2012 07:48 AM
    Nice to see the rumors starting again. 2 milion iPad 3 produced in 2011? I certainly hope so. They really need to ramp up production if they want to have enough of them available for a march launch. If you have a look at the numbers (found sales numbers here: • Apple iPad: global sales 2010-2011 | Statistic ) even 10 milion units would not seems enough.
    Last edited by soll82; 01-19-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    01-13-2012 05:08 AM
    I cannot wait!! I love Apple products, don't you?
    They are great but are still brutally over prices compared to other companies.
    02-17-2012 05:23 AM
    They are great but are still brutally over prices compared to other companies.
    Thing is you get what you pay for. If you want plastic laptops, sure go buy a Dell or HP and pay less. Or pay a bit more and get something that is high quality.
    02-17-2012 01:28 PM
    Thing is you get what you pay for. If you want plastic laptops, sure go buy a Dell or HP and pay less. Or pay a bit more and get something that is high quality.
    My Acer is still standing strong from 5 years ago so I can't say laptops are less durable than macbooks.
    Premium1 likes this.
    02-18-2012 07:33 AM
    My Acer is still standing strong from 5 years ago so I can't say laptops are less durable than macbooks.
    People hold things to different standards I suppose. Regardless there is no denying that the aluminum MacBooks are built with much higher quality materials than any other laptop made today.
    redbeard likes this.
    02-18-2012 12:27 PM
    After coming over from windows I see apple computers and laptops like a higher end car. Will a Hyundai run for many years? Sure it will but the Acura is a much sweeter ride.
    02-18-2012 03:14 PM
    After coming over from windows I see apple computers and laptops like a higher end car. Will a Hyundai run for many years? Sure it will but the Acura is a much sweeter ride.
    This is very true.
    02-19-2012 02:52 PM
    Nice to see the rumors starting again. 2 milion iPad 3 produced in 2011? I certainly hope so. They really need to ramp up production if they want to have enough of them available for a march launch. If you have a look at the numbers (found sales numbers here: • Apple iPad: global sales 2010-2011 | Statistic ) even 10 milion units would not seems enough.
    Apple always likes to keep numbers low to drive demand up. They have been doing this for years...
    02-19-2012 05:52 PM
    Depends on the Hyundai.
    02-24-2012 07:33 PM

Try selling that PC laptop and see what its worth ... Sold my original MacBook (white 07 intel model) for $450 4 years later (paid $1100 new)

Which allowed me to get a march 11 MacBook Pro for $750 - this is one nice about all Apple products that other makers can't say - HIGH RESALE VALUE - back to Jeremy's point you get what you pay for
    02-27-2012 07:06 AM
    bought my first refurb. 13 inch macbook pro two weeks ago for $1100 with tax. since my old desktop pc is almost dead so i decided to go with the laptop. the F11 key was not working out of the box. of course I could take it to the apple store to have it fixed but instead decided to return it and purchased brand new Acer notebook i7 2.20 ghz with 1gb. geforce GT 630m and 6 gb ram. for $779 free shipping and no tax. (newegg FTW!) on which I now can run latest games with no hiccups. macbook pro with such specs would cost me about $2000 or more. and yet can't run some games not available on Mac OS. I mean I love my ipad of course and will definitely get an ipad 3 but macbooks are unreasonably, highly overpriced. I don't believe that a piece of aluminum by itself even with all the "unibody" process labor costs $1000
    besides, there was a time when macbooks had plastic body and still were highly overpriced.
    of course it's just solely my opinion as a budget conscious consumer, your mileage may vary...
    Last edited by dalvik; 02-27-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    02-27-2012 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD