iphone 5 - Expectations?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
And 5 years ago you would have said Apple would never come out with a phone. :p

3D is just a gimmick, i hope they see that.
Such a waste, read an article saying the 3DS could have had more internals and been on par with a gamecube internally. Instead we get a minor graphics bump with a screen that makes it so i can't look away for a second without having to adjust my eyes again.
/Opinions

In all seriousness i don't have many expectations for the 5/4S/4G, just a spec/screen bump, with 4G (we can still hope for it)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree...the whole "3D" thing on devices other than TV's is a bit of a fad, because honestly, if Nintendo can't make it successful, there isn't a phone company in the world that will either. Even on TV's i doubt it's a long lasting feature that will change the industry...i think it'll always be around, but the sales are still so low on them (years after their introduction) that it seems the niche the companies thought was there was not quite as big, and people still prefer to leave the IMAX experience at the theater.

_alf

Apr 25, 2011
www.europeanag.com
I can tell you right now --Apple will never put a 3D screen on an iPhone. It's just not their style.

its a fad. 3d isnt that important to many people, hence the reason 3D TV's arent doing so well in the market.

120mhz does enough.

anyways, iphone 5. meh. once my iphone 4 takes a crap, then ill switch over.

iMalum

Jul 21, 2011
iphonechroniclr.wordpress.com
its a fad. 3d isnt that important to many people, hence the reason 3D TV's arent doing so well in the market.

120mhz does enough.

anyways, iphone 5. meh. once my iphone 4 takes a crap, then ill switch over.

I agree that 3D is a fad. Apple's not one to follow fads, they make fads.

I, too, think 3D is a gimmick, especially when it comes to 3D TVs. No one is going to want to have to throw on glasses to watch TV in their living room. Anyone who truly knows Apple, knows that they would never make a 3D phone --maybe in years to come when the technology improves (and you're not required to where specialized glasses to look at your phone).

And don't get me wrong, I think Avatar was amazing in 3D, but Avatar is the exception. Cameron built the 3D cameras himself and did it the right way. Most other 3D films since haven't done it the right way. In fact, a lot of them add the 3D in the editing room.

If all films were given the Cameron-3D attention, I'd see them all in 3D (IMAX 3D, that is). However, seeing a 3D film in a theater is much different than seeing a film (or a TV show) in your living room in 3D (e.g. atmosphere, viewing angles, screen size, screen quality...). Plus, people have a hard enough time finding the remote control, just imagine if they had the X pairs of 3D glasses to search for, too.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Looks like we got a little off topic. I'm sure there's room for a thread just about the pros and cons of 3D.

david.e.crocker@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
there is really nothing wrong with the iphone 4, its still much better then most of the android and blackberry smartphones out and coming out. even if they dont release anything til next summer I still think iPhone will have most of the market share.

I would be careful thinking out loud like that, that same logic put RIM in the position they're in today.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I still am hopping that part of the delay for the iPhone's release was because they were adding Thunderbolt and 4G... I know I'm wrong... But it would be nice. Transferring movies over USB 2.0 is honestly such a pain in the butt. And personally I don't see why apple would not include Thunderbolt, especially when it's on ALL their computers now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I still am hopping that part of the delay for the iPhone's release was because they were adding Thunderbolt and 4G... I know I'm wrong... But it would be nice. Transferring movies over USB 2.0 is honestly such a pain in the butt. And personally I don't see why apple would not include Thunderbolt, especially when it's on ALL their computers now.

It would certainly be nice considering there's really nothing out there for thunderbolt to use outside over priced HDD's right now.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Exactly... And if they're going to skip 4G when pretty much everyone already has it, they might as well do *something* new.

I know they're doing wifi sync, but it would still be nice to have a much faster option along with the slower, semi-pointless option.

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Exactly... And if they're going to skip 4G when pretty much everyone already has it, they might as well do *something* new.

I know they're doing wifi sync, but it would still be nice to have a much faster option along with the slower, semi-pointless option.

yea it would be nice to have that. i can't wait to see what surprises iPhone 5 has in store for us.

jrpierce

May 29, 2009
Visit site
So I know it's all just a waiting game from here on out. I wonder though, is there any sort of special convention in the near future that Apple may premier this magical LTE iPhone 5 with a 4.3" 3D screen at, or are they just going to spring something up on everyone in the near(ish) future and surprise everyone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73