So no iPhone announcement coming next week? :/

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
    nobody said anything about not being a new iphone announcement next week. We have to wait and see. be patient
    05-31-2011 10:07 PM
    Overhaul
    Widgets
    Notification system
    Other surprises
    05-31-2011 10:28 PM
    I would love if they implemented some sort of app that worked like bridging between the Playbook and Blackberries. That would be great. I don't expect that to happen though.
    05-31-2011 10:37 PM
    wasn't there a post either on TiPb or another site stating that it would be only for iPhone 4 +? Or was that just more speculation?

From all of the talk, I am definitely expecting the enhanced notifications, and I am also expecting it to crash less than what my phone does currently.
    Yea there was a rumor about that, but then they thought maybe it wasn't true because the person had tweet'd won't work for 3Gs, so maybe it ment 3G's not 3GS.
    05-31-2011 11:03 PM
    wasn't there a post either on TiPb or another site stating that it would be only for iPhone 4 +? Or was that just more speculation?

From all of the talk, I am definitely expecting the enhanced notifications, and I am also expecting it to crash less than what my phone does currently.
    so are you saying your un-jailbroken iPhone crashes often? weird

Yea there was a rumor about that, but then they thought maybe it wasn't true because the person had tweet'd won't work for 3Gs, so maybe it ment 3G's not 3GS.
    the 3G was ditched a while back.. right after 4.2.1, i believe
    06-01-2011 12:11 AM
    I hope for improved notifications and some sort of file access, would be nice to be able to download items to the device.
    06-01-2011 01:36 AM
    I'm hoping for a bit more user control. Apple introduced the option to have the side switch as either Mute or lock orientation........ hope we get the same kind of options for notifications ect.
    06-01-2011 06:31 AM
    I'm also hoping that Apple makes the notification system more customizable.
    06-01-2011 09:15 AM
    With all the talk about widgets in iOS 5, you have to wonder what Apples "version" or "take" on widgets will be.

I would love to see a combination of widgets (android) and the live tiles (windows phone). Having the app icons be "live" so that weather updated and the like would be nice. It will be interesting to see what comes. Knowing Apple, if they do dive into widgets, they will be simple and will definitely keep the current flow of the iOS.
    06-01-2011 10:44 AM
    They could do something like this, instead of true widgets:

Say you have the calendar app. If you swipe on the icon, or click on it, it pulls up (similar to folders) a simple list, or widget, of your event agenda, etc. Similar thing for weather, swipe on the icon and you get a 5 day forecast.

Just an idea, but if Apple does something, it has to be both elegant and simple. It also has to be so easy it passes the "mother" test. Could you explain it to your mother and have her do it.

Just my two cents.
    06-01-2011 11:18 AM
    They could do something like this, instead of true widgets:

Say you have the calendar app. If you swipe on the icon, or click on it, it pulls up (similar to folders) a simple list, or widget, of your event agenda, etc. Similar thing for weather, swipe on the icon and you get a 5 day forecast.

Just an idea, but if Apple does something, it has to be both elegant and simple. It also has to be so easy it passes the "mother" test. Could you explain it to your mother and have her do it.

Just my two cents.
    That is exactly what I had in mind when I was typing my previous post r/t widgets.
    06-01-2011 11:46 AM
    Great minds...

I can't wait to see what Jobs has to say on the 6th.

I'm also liking the BBM-style app rumors circulating now. If Apple could come up with a direct competitor to BBM, it would really start to drive even more enterprise use of the device, and just be cool as you-know-what.
    06-01-2011 11:54 AM
    Adobe Flash, want it badly!!
    06-01-2011 03:19 PM
    I know, in talking about this article.

http://www.tipb.com/2011/05/24/iphon...-update-rumor/
    06-01-2011 07:00 PM
    Yea I know, but I was referring to this:

No rumor season would be complete without an off-the-cuff, out-of-the-blue tweet from Eldar Murtazin and this one about the two year old iPhone 3GS not getting iOS 5 doesnt disappoint:

Just one comment. Apple iPhone 3Gs wont be upgradable to iOS 5.x. iPhone 4 will.

iOS 5 is expected to be revealed at WWDC in June. Although the iPhone 3GS is currently still on the market, Apple has previously discontinued software updates for older iOS devices like the original iPhone 2G and more recently the iPhone 3G.

And who knows, if iOS 5 requires a minimum of an Apple A4 chipset to run at acceptable performance levels, then maybe Murtazin might have something. Well have to wait for WWDC to find out.

What do you think, iPhone 3GS owners?

UPDATE: Some folks are pointing out that Murtazin said iPhone 3Gs, not iPhone 3GS, as in he meant the plural form of iPhone 3G. And since they didnt get iOS 4.3, it stands to reason they wouldnt get iOS 5. If thats the case, its a pretty obvious thing to tweet
    iPhone 3GS won’t be getting iOS 5 update? [Rumor] [Updated] | TiPb
    06-01-2011 07:18 PM
    Pretty sure we won't see flash. Apple has been adamant about not supporting it on iOS, and they've worked around the issue with HTML5.
    06-01-2011 10:01 PM
    I don't have any particular expectations. I just look forward to seeing what the presentation is all about, and then evaluating how the new changes might benefit my use of the iPad.
    06-01-2011 11:23 PM
    I expect to see a better notification system and improved multitasking.

I hope to see phoobooth, app store improvements like a que of some sort and improved folders (infinifolders, anyone?)
    06-02-2011 12:10 AM
    I would like to see A5 and a larger screen.
    06-02-2011 12:46 AM
    Im not sure about the larger screen but I can see the A5 chip being in the new iphone
    06-02-2011 08:07 AM
    No one wants to some implementation of bridging so that you could Bluetooth tether to your iPad for free w/o jailbreaking? That's something that I wish we could get and not necessarily expect.
    06-02-2011 09:48 AM
    @rayz336 I think bridging would be a great option!
    06-02-2011 09:50 AM
    Im not sure about the larger screen but I can see the A5 chip being in the new iphone
    Larger screen devices are starting to become very popular especially for those of us with fat fingers. I left my iPhone for android for a couple months. I miss the large screen devices, however in the end the iPhones battery life and stability brought me back. I trust that only apple could produce a larger screen device with exceptional battery life.
    06-02-2011 09:52 AM
    I'm still on a 3Gs so I am very likely to upgrade to 5 when it's released. Can't wait to see what Apple comes up with.
    06-02-2011 11:10 AM
    I dont know If i would like to see widgets on the iPhone.... simply because the screen isnt large enough....

I can see them throwing widgets on the iPad though.
    but whatever, EVERYONE here knows that no matter what Apple does with the next gen iPhone, YOU Will buy it either way! lol
    06-02-2011 12:40 PM
158 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD