iphone 5, is it going to be delayed (opinions please)

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
so whats your guys opinions, will the iphone 5 debut in june like normal, or will it be held off until the fall? reason i ask is because for some stupid reason i am incredibly tempted to buy the white iphone 4, even though its just a color lol.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
can i ask why you think it is out of the question?

Because WWDC in June this year is a iOS event. Apple releases the new OS when they release the new iPhone. Betas would have been given to developers in April if they were having a June release. You probably see iOS 5 go beta at WWDC. Also, Apple would have held off the white iPhone if they were releasing a new version in June. Can you imagine all the ticked off people who just bought a white and then bam a new one comes out two months later? The math all adds up. This is all the information that I can tell you at this time

Reactions: JasonG

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
^^^ This makes sense. Also, I believe Apple wanted to put some time between releasing the i4 on VZW and releasing the i5.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
ok thank you. i was just wondering as i can sell my iphone 4 black on ebay for around 400 and then buy the white, totalling $200 after all is said and done, and then by the time te new one comes out in the fall ill be eligible for the discount. thank you!

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i would say they would wait for iphone 5 to come out, and then cut them a little after the 5 is out. thats what would make sense to me anyways

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
a5 processor will take a while to be jailbroken..
as is the case for the ipad2

id suggest u wait.. buy an iphone 4..
think abt the 5 only if its that much better than the 4

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
A little off topic but is wwdc streamed online free and legally anywhere? I know I've read updates as they occur in the past but I'd like to be able to watch it if I can.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
A little off topic but is wwdc streamed online free and legally anywhere? I know I've read updates as they occur in the past but I'd like to be able to watch it if I can.

I dont think so. I usually just watch it later that night as they will post it on apple.com

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2