iPhone 5 - 4G or Dual Core?

iPhone 5 - 4G or Dual Core? - What's more important?

• 4G

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Dual Core processor

Votes: 51 75.0%

• Total voters

mlaz14

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I see no reason why the iphone 5 wouldn't be dual core considering the ipad 2 is. I don't think it will have lte but it would be nice if it was hspa+.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
With LTE just getting started with Vzn and later this year in selected areas with Att, it won't happen on iPhone 5. It would end up being a battery hog like the HTC Thunderbolt. Apple will wait until the network is more widespread and they can get it working right on the iPhone without compromising battery in a big way.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it should be both, 4G is better than 3G(not by too much, but it is better) But Dual-core? thats totally a given. It just makes sense to have both.

kayno

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
are you a jailbreaker? my iPhone has a crap load of info, emails and apps galore, but it hasn't slowed down one bit for me.

No not anymore and I have restored and setup as new twice.. Its not as fast as it used to be. Also the iPad two makes it seem even slower. Lol

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
if anyone could get good battery life its Apple.

but.......

We will not see an iPhone this year. Not next year or the year after. Maybe not ever? Maybe when Charlie sheen starts to sniff snozberries and Sarah Palin gets a brain we will see 4G, but by then we will be long away from 4G.

Dual core will happen. Apple will come up with a fancy name and call it magical. Slower specs then some of the top android phones. (look at the iPad 2. 900mhz? come on now) but yeah. Dual core WILL happen.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Dual Core and no 4G on iPhone 5. It is all about the experience and if the Thunderbolt is any example of LTE 4G, it is an example of how you don't want to do it. It is thick with horrid battery life.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dual Core and no 4G on iPhone 5. It is all about the experience and if the Thunderbolt is any example of LTE 4G, it is an example of how you don't want to do it. It is thick with horrid battery life.

So a dumbed down, "let me hold your hand" experience? Gee sounds like when I went to preschool. 4G is also an experience. Faster network speeds. :rolleyes:

Your forgetting Apple is not making 4G. As I said IF anyone could do a 4G phone with good battery life its Apple, but we will not get a 4G phone this year, if not ever.

Also thin is not always the best. Look at the over heating issues with the macbook air. I think the general consumer look at a product based on how well it performs, not a secondary cheese grader.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
No not anymore and I have restored and setup as new twice.. Its not as fast as it used to be. Also the iPad two makes it seem even slower. Lol
your iPhone is tainted already man! lol.

after i jailbroke my 3GS, it was never the same again until i went to apple and got a replacement.

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Dual core sounds better to me. To think that Dual core was in laptops only a few years ago is mind boggling! Technology is so insane.

Example of the Dual core processor would be the new Motorola Atrix, a Power house phone. I wouldn't even call it a phone, it is a BEAST.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
then again jobs could say: PEOPLE DO NOT WANT DUAL CORE PHONES. ITS THAT SIMPLE. OUR PHONES ARE ALREADY FAST WITH OUR "MULTITASKING" THAT BLOWS THE COPYCATS OUT OF THE Water

Last edited: