View Poll Results: iPhone 5 - 4G or Dual Core? - What's more important?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4G

17 25.00%
  • Dual Core processor

51 75.00%
    This choice is not a realistic selection... APPLE will certainly use dual-core in future iPhones so that the App developers will have a uniform processing architecture... 4G is a separate topic entirely, as including this feature is dependent on the Network Provider's ability to handle the bandwith... So what are the most popular wish-list items out there to improve on an already amazing device...

More Battery life, so that it operates for 10 hours, using the iPad parameters..
    More RAM to facilitate more complex Applications, like to 512MB..
    More Solid State Storage, say to 64GB, or 128GB..
    More Touch Screen Size, say to 4.25" diagonal, and shrink the Home Button..
    More Screen Pixel Resolution, like to 1280x850 retaining 300dpi density..
    More Band-width, dual operability for 4G/3G connectivity..

NOW from these choices... Which ones are of the highest priority for YOU.
    For ME, I want all of the above... And charge me a premium of $150 
    03-31-2011 01:58 PM
    More Battery life, so that it operates for 10 hours, using the iPad parameters..
    You do realize that the iPad is larger and can fit a larger battery in it which is why it gets this great battery life, This would never fit into the iPhone.

More Solid State Storage, say to 64GB, or 128GB..
    Agreed with both.

More Touch Screen Size, say to 4.25" diagonal,
    A 4.25" would likely increase the size of the phone which a lot of people do not want. A 4" would be fine if they managed to fit it inside the same form factor.
    03-31-2011 02:27 PM
    Doesn't iPhone 4 already have 512MB of RAM?

More Touch Screen Size, say to 4.25" diagonal, and shrink the Home Button..
    More Screen Pixel Resolution, like to 1280x850 retaining 300dpi density.
    Any screen larger than 4" feels too big to me. And changing the screen resolution would mean all apps would need new graphics.
    03-31-2011 03:00 PM
    Doesn't iPhone 4 already have 512MB of RAM?
    Yep, it certainly does.
    03-31-2011 03:05 PM
    Hell I'm still waiting for AT&T to get 3G around here, can't even get Edge in lots of places, and all AT&T's "4G" network is is their 3G network re-named.

I'm going Verizon asap.
    At least it shows when you can't have it. When I had Sprint I would be in a full five bar area with 3G and calls would be like someone is wrinkling cellophane into the phone or just outright drop. If Sprint suddenly became the only mobile phone system in the world I'd just go with two cans and a string.
    03-31-2011 04:30 PM
    I'd definitely take 4G, if it is LTE 4G. Dual Core seems more important for Android devices, as the Iphone's OS is already smooth as butter, and fast. I'd prefer LTE, because it is insanely fast. I already have the HTC Thunderbolt for Verizon Wireless on another line, and I average between 12-22mbps on the downlink and 5-10mbps on the uplink. That is ridiculous, and I'd love that on my Iphone.
    03-31-2011 09:20 PM
    don't know. You have a point. I was just comming up with what jobs might say if he did say that. He says we dont need a lot of things.
    because Jobs knows best! lol. he knows what i want, all of us. haha.
    03-31-2011 10:28 PM
    Wow. My little poll/thread made it to the homepage. Do I get a TiPb t-shirt or something.

Glad to see more people favor 4G recently. If they put in a 3G/4G radio, this coverage issue could go away, particularly if you can turn off the 4G radio through software.

I question the value of dual core on a phone at this point. Sure, there are some gamers who need a separate GPU, but for most of us, it's just not that serious. However, most of us have laptops, iPads or other wifi enabled devices. Having a 4G mobile hotspot with us at all times, seems like a huge win.

I have my trusty Palm Pre and am getting "Free" tethering through a trusty app called MyTether. It's 3G and more adequate than I thought. Having 4G would make the laptop sing and do wonders for content consumption on an iPad. Jobs called this an internet phone. Why wouldn't we optimize that first.

Alas, I think Apple will do what it does and have upgraders stuck with a 3G phone until their contracts expire in 2013. I just can't see myself talking about Apple's "experience fight" with my 3G iphone facing off against a 4G Android Armada by the middle of 2012, not to mention 2013. For most American cities, 3G will be so 2009 by 2012.

I'll say this, if you buy a 3G iPhone on a 2year in 2011, you will be DYING to get your upgrade by 2013. Maybe that's what Apple really wants.
    03-31-2011 11:40 PM
    because Jobs knows best! lol. he knows what i want, all of us. haha.
    lol. True. Sort of. I remember he thought we didn't want volume controls on the first gen touch or firewire on the first gen unibody macbooks.
    04-01-2011 12:48 AM
    How about a 3rd option for this poll?

- Dual core WITH 21mbs HSPA

That has probably been posted already, but I don't feel like reading the whole thread.
    SUE ME!!
    04-01-2011 10:31 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD