IPHONE 5 whats important to u?

krod31

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What features does the iphone 5 have to have?

More customization? Widgets?
What do people wanna see on the iphone 5?? Share with me?

mrgnzr

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Notification LED, more "share as" app integration like Android, wireless sync/backup with iTunes, expandable memory (microSD).

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Really the ONLY thing I miss about my previous RIM devices was the email capabilities. While the i4s emails are adequate, it is still behind in regards to RIM's.

Reactions: stuffy

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe customization, but more importantly, my major change I want has already been done... better cellular radio, ie not using infineon anymore and using qualcomm... anything else to me is a bonus lol

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. Nothing major. Notifications won't be ready until i6. Better SMS tones that we can make ourselves. Beyond that, I'm good.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If I were to ever get an iPhone it will need to have BETTER notifications. Purple pop ups are annoying as hell. Hell on the iPad they are annoying. Not sure what made Jobs think it was the greatest thing ever. I do hope its something a little more then what android offers and more then just a list bellow the search box, but nothing too gimmicky.

Widgets are nice, and of course can be turned off.

I dobut the larger screen will happen, but if it does, people will buy it because it has an Apple logo on it

I do like the "share as" feature on android. I take tape a photo and share it with any [rogram or service with out needing to leave the app.

also, allow the user to turn off or uninstall the stock apps.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
As for hardware I'd like; LED notification, dual speakers, and longer lasting battery

For software; widgets, live icons (as a weather app that show actual temp), much improved notification for SMS, emails, etc...

In all honesty, if they added a LED, improved basic specs as they do in every year, I'd be happy but I do expect for Apple to blow us away considering all the competition.

fenderguy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see a notification light like my old bberry. Another touch would be more personalization options. Like come on. Paid $800 for a phone, gimme options. Thanks for cydia...

Reactions: tlo07

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The question is, WHERE would the light be, and how big/small would the light be?

I think the home button. The little white square could light up. nothing fancy. Just a white LED. Nice clean appearance. (and yes I dobut the home button would be removed.)

nicnoc

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Nothing new from others comments really
- better and less intrusive notification system
- wireless syncing
- widgets for lock screen - calendar appointments etc

Happy with current form factor and hardware

doncorti

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i would like to be able to get the link from a youtube video and not to share it and copy/paste it from the email composer.. thats what i would like to have in iphone 5...

now really, the name will be iphone5? who knows that for sure? what if the name will be iphone4s? :)

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Most of my wants could be solved by software upgrades, I'm sure. A wireless sync would be GREAT, the ability to customize text/ringtones like ANY OTHER phone out there, widgets for home/lock screens, in depth personalization options.

Hardware related would be: swappable battery? microSD slot? stereo mic for some background noise cancellation? 4G?

A notification light would be nice, if you had the option of turning it off. An LED in the home button had been mentioned, and that would be nice, but then again, this could be solved with a lock screen widget.

All in all, I'm still using a 3GS and I'm thrilled with it, but I'm coming due for an upgrade soon... it's gonna take something fairly convincing to lock me into another contract.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i would like to be able to get the link from a youtube video and not to share it and copy/paste it from the email composer.. thats what i would like to have in iphone 5...

now really, the name will be iphone5? who knows that for sure? what if the name will be iphone4s? :)

iPhone 5? It IS the 5th iPhone to date.

and what exactly do you mean by the copy and paste?

A notification light would be nice, if you had the option of turning it off. An LED in the home button had been mentioned, and that would be nice, but then again, this could be solved with a lock screen widget.

I don't get why people seem to be in love with the lock screen widget idea. I know if I'm in the middle of something and I get a notification I wouldnt want to put the phone to sleep and then turn it on, I'd rather do what I do now. Swipe the status bar down, or in Apple's case, use the multitasking bar. (witch I think is what Apple will use. Hopefully it wont be too gimmicky)

The lock screen is there for a reason. Everything else is locked out

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Being able to Facetime on 3G without JB'ing, 64 GB option, want spring home button removed, no glass back, and I want it to make me dinner :p

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Led notification, SMS that is more like bitesms, bigger screen. Maybe 4". I had the droid X and it was great. Love the big screen, but even with the smaller screen the iphone is a better phone. Then once you jailbreak it, the phone is incredible.

Last edited:

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
64GB: the 4 right now can play HD videos, higher res means heavier files.

4-Inch Screen: Larger screen real-estate

No Glass Back

Higher Res Front Camera : at least 2mp

Louder Speakers : probably even reposition it into the ear speaker

They can continue to make it faster as well. Software wise, they'll eventually add more features so thats not a problem... just being stuck with a physical device you can't easily change is annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2