IPHONE 5 whats important to u?

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not gonna say that all I've ever wanted was talk and surf and fast Internet on CDMA iPhones, but can we AT LEAST get those two things to put us on a level playing field with the GSM iPhones? I mean, does apple have some kind of secret pact with AT&T or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not gonna say that all I've ever wanted was talk and surf and fast Internet on CDMA iPhones, but can we AT LEAST get those two things to put us on a level playing field with the GSM iPhones? I mean, does apple have some kind of secret pact with AT&T or something?

Talk and surf cant be done on Verizons 3G network. It has nothing to do with iPhones or apple. Also slower speeds on CDMA has nothing to do with apple.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.794831,-73.917839

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Talk and surf cant be done on Verizons 3G network. It has nothing to do with iPhones or apple. Also slower speeds on CDMA has nothing to do with apple.

---
I am here: Google Maps
Mmmmm, kiiiiinda. If Verizon were important to Apple, they'd work with them by making an LTE phone. The thunderbolt can talk and surf. Apple could do it if they wanted, but in my eyes, they stuck it to CDMA carriers by giving AT&T HSPA while us CDMA users are stuck on snail speed. If this years iPhone was LTE, Verizon would be blowing AT&T's HSPA out the water

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Mmmmm, kiiiiinda. If Verizon were important to Apple, they'd work with them by making an LTE phone. The thunderbolt can talk and surf. Apple could do it if they wanted, but in my eyes, they stuck it to CDMA carriers by giving AT&T HSPA while us CDMA users are stuck on snail speed. If this years iPhone was LTE, Verizon would be blowing AT&T's HSPA out the water

I actually thought about leaving Verizon for AT&T when I found out it had hspa+, but then I figured the next iPhone should have LTE and then I'll be stuck with AT&T and not have Verizon's awesome LTE network. I don't think Verizon is important to apple. It's pretty obvious since they got passed up on the first 3 iPhones. LTE isn't advanced enough to put it into an iPhone. It's used all over the world and LTE is only available in a few parts of the US. I understand why they didn't put LTE on this one. Hopefully the next iPhone will have it though. Luckily usually where ever I am, I'm hooked up to wifi and am getting 10 to 15 mbps down.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.794928,-73.917774

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I actually thought about leaving Verizon for AT&T when I found out it had hspa+, but then I figured the next iPhone should have LTE and then I'll be stuck with AT&T and not have Verizon's awesome LTE network. I don't think Verizon is important to apple. It's pretty obvious since they got passed up on the first 3 iPhones. LTE isn't advanced enough to put it into an iPhone. It's used all over the world and LTE is only available in a few parts of the US. I understand why they didn't put LTE on this one. Hopefully the next iPhone will have it though. Luckily usually where ever I am, I'm hooked up to wifi and am getting 10 to 15 mbps down.

---
I am here: Google Maps
Same here. We have a year of torte to withstand. A year of saying 'you wait and see AT&T fan-boy'. Totally how I feel. I wish I knew what it was. Why Apple decided to go with AT&T. Apple and Verizon are both very arrogant individually. I guess it was a Kobe and Shaq kinda thing. I understand the maturity thing with LTE, but there are a lot of people in states like NY and LA and we want it. Can you imagine them f*****g us again with the next iPhone. I'll have no choice but to switch to AT&T

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Same here. We have a year of torte to withstand. A year of saying 'you wait and see AT&T fan-boy'. Totally how I feel. I wish I knew what it was. Why Apple decided to go with AT&T. Apple and Verizon are both very arrogant individually. I guess it was a Kobe and Shaq kinda thing. I understand the maturity thing with LTE, but there are a lot of people in states like NY and LA and we want it. Can you imagine them f*****g us again with the next iPhone. I'll have no choice but to switch to AT&T

If the next iPhone doesn't have LTE I'll either switch to AT&T or get an LTE device on Verizon. Maybe just get an LTE mifi, and always hook my iPhone up to the LTE mifi. Which you could actually do now, and talk and surf at the same time. I almost got the droid bionic, but I hate how after 6 months of android your phone stops getting updated.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.794726,-73.917822

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Better front facing camera
4G
Some sort of LED light (around the home button would be cool)
Slightly bigger screen not to exceed 4 inches

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I feel like if Apple ever included an LED (which I wouldn't mind), it would BE the home button. I feel like that's how they would incorporate it. Anyone agree?

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
1) No more physical home button.. how about a touch pad area or on screen home button
2) LTE would be nice but I dont really need it...I have always found my 3g speeds to be more than enough
3) Make sure that LTE does not destroy the phones battery life.
4) an option to choose what social network to share to instead of just twitter.
5) free tethering .. its YOUR data use it how you please. ( carrier controlled I know but I think apple could lean on them about it)

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I feel like if Apple ever included an LED (which I wouldn't mind), it would BE the home button. I feel like that's how they would incorporate it. Anyone agree?

Definitely agree there. I am a BlackBerry convert (thus the love for LED notifications). The BlackBerry 9930 lot up around the physical trackpad, not a LED notification, but a neat feature.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife loves her 3GS, with IOS 5.01. Her upgrade from AT&T is this month, but she misses that blinking red LED notification light! I told her about the possibility that iPhone 5 will be out in about a year from now, and she told me that she's willing to wait, just for that dumb light. Amazing. What is it about that light? I had a BB, and found the light annoying. She does get more e-mails than i do, but is not happy with the notification system that came with the new IOS. Can anyone help me understand the attraction of that thing? Will Apple put one on the iPhone 5, hopefully with a deactivation button?:confused:

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Haha, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I can only imagine that if it's something they removed and has not reappeared on the 4 or 4S, that it's not something that people care enough about. Apple must have removed it for a reason. Your wife might be alone here, but at least she has you

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I can only imagine that if it's something they removed and has not reappeared on the 4 or 4S, that it's not something that people care enough about. Apple must have removed it for a reason. Your wife might be alone here, but at least she has you

I was talking about the blinking red l.e.d light(mail notifications), that we both had on our old BB's. She misses that feature, and it never was on an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR