IPHONE 5 whats important to u?

mortys11

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, we've been through it many times... and many will disagree and say that a light is NOT needed... progress? not so much... and I stand by my position. It's unnecessary...

Come on, have you ever pulled your phone out from your pocket and later noticed that you have 2 emails and a missed message?

Especially with a Bluetooth headset there is a lag and you never hear or feel notifications and you need to constantly check your phone...that is pure BS.

The phone should work for ME, I shouldn't be a slave to my phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Come on, have you ever pulled your phone out from your pocket and later noticed that you have 2 emails and a missed message?

Especially with a Bluetooth headset there is a lag and you never hear or feel notifications and you need to constantly check your phone...that is pure BS.

The phone should work for ME, I shouldn't be a slave to my phone.

Sure... we all have... but if the phone is in your pocket, what good does the LED do ya? Nice try, but that argument is a huge #fail.

Appleluver23

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Sure... we all have... but if the phone is in your pocket, what good does the LED do ya? Nice try, but that argument is a huge #fail.

Not exactly. There have been times that I have been able to see the led flashing from my droid through my pocket. Also if I put my phone with the led side facing upward I can visibly see the led flashing. But I don't know how strong the iPhone 5 led would be.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have changed my mind.. i really do hope the new iPhone does indeed come with a status light, front and back. this way all the whiners can stop complaining, about that anyways..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i have changed my mind.. i really do hope the new iPhone does indeed come with a status light, front and back. this way all the whiners can stop complaining, about that anyways..

... and I hope that Apple makes it HUGE so that it glows through your clothes and can see it anywhere, any time!

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who argues against the LED light is basically just doing it for the sake of arguing. No one has or will ever post a good reason for the phone not to have it. And no, "the IPhone would be ugly with one" is not a good reason since the device has never had one how do you know it's ugly? I'm still waitiing for a valid reason not to have one. Anyone?

Also, we all know it's going to be there since the LED notification is built into IOS5, unfortunately software upgrades can not upgrade the hardware. I look very much forward to the feature and the expanded convenience of my device. Happy Fourth! Are those fireworks in the sky or LED's from the IPhone5?:)

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
The question is, WHERE would the light be, and how big/small would the light be?

I think the home button. The little white square could light up. nothing fancy. Just a white LED. Nice clean appearance. (and yes I dobut the home button would be removed.)

Thats a good idea because a case wouldn't cover that up. It would be nice to be able to control the color of the light too like you can on a berry. A white light would be hard to see on my white iphone.

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I really hope for a 4inch screen. LTE and NFC would be fantastic, but from the current crop of rumors, those are both doubtful.

The other thing I would like to see is more of an iOS thing. I want to see profiles. By that I want to have my phone automatically go to silent mode during the night. I want to have it go to silent mode when I have a calendar appointment listed as busy. And so on. I had this on my android phone via an app called settings profiles. I could also change settings or run/stop apps based on location. I think this would be a great feature for the iPhone.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really hope for a 4inch screen. LTE and NFC would be fantastic, but from the current crop of rumors, those are both doubtful.

The other thing I would like to see is more of an iOS thing. I want to see profiles. By that I want to have my phone automatically go to silent mode during the night. I want to have it go to silent mode when I have a calendar appointment listed as busy. And so on. I had this on my android phone via an app called settings profiles. I could also change settings or run/stop apps based on location. I think this would be a great feature for the iPhone.

Sounds a lot like a BlackBerry :eek: #justsaying :cool:

irawkmac

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Personally I have one real issue with the iPhone and the rest are just minor quarrels I deal with and that would have to be the keyboard. The tips of my thumbs are very broad so the precision necessary to punch a key isn't there for me. I hit 3 or 4 keys easily every damn time. Typing one handed? Friggin' impossible. Some type of fix for that would be fantastic.

Other issues are finding a way to key push notifications and location services from draining the crap outta my battery. That'd be fantastic.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I want to be able to use my own SMS tone. I have had the same tone for 10 years on all my phones and I even jailbroke my 1st gen and 3G iPhones to keep using it. I have been without it on the iPhone 4 because I don't see the need to jailbreak for only one feature. They have added everything else I used to jailbreak for.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

accessoriesguy

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
As for hardware I'd like; LED notification, dual speakers, and longer lasting battery

For software; widgets, live icons (as a weather app that show actual temp), much improved notification for SMS, emails, etc...

In all honesty, if they added a LED, improved basic specs as they do in every year, I'd be happy but I do expect for Apple to blow us away considering all the competition.

knowing them, they will do something like the ipod nano, IT HAS NO BUTTONS, depending on how you stair at it, with its camera it will know whether it should show you your text inbox, email, or facebook :cool:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
to not look like the 4 or 4S

LTE

Better battery, always a better battery..

i'm hanging onto my upgrade until next year. this will be the longest i have waited to use an upgrade haha

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner