IPHONE 5 whats important to u?

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think another button will make it past Jobs. What I'd like to see (not mentioned so far)

1. Keyboard macros.

2. Customizable on/off button. So frex, On/off with Home turns off. Pressed alone it can be user defined for like bringing up the camera or whatever. Pressed twice it does another custom function.

One could hope!! :)

Skysurfer

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Apple is bringing notifications up to (or beyond) the competition, they should also do the same for multitasking. That's the one weakness of iOS4 that affects my buying decision the most this year.

Lawrence

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Apple is bringing notifications up to (or beyond) the competition, they should also do the same for multitasking. That's the one weakness of iOS4 that affects my buying decision the most this year.

Lawrence

The notifications thing is what I am most disappointed with and most looking forward to seeing the improvements. I came from BB and there alot of things that device could do that I miss. From the rumors I'm seeing the IPhone 5 will be a dramatic upgrade from Iphone 4.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Lawrence

Apple will need to address this carefully. Given 'the Apple' way of idiot simple or it's not in the device, it may not make it. People will need to do more than just switch away from an app today if the new OS keeps the task actually running in the b/g. We'll need a way to switch away and leave running and also switch away but go to sleep for the app we're leaving or we'll find ourselves having HTC sorts of battery issues.

That is, people will need to think before switching from an app and that's not 'the Apple way'.

Mio_Ray

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Same size and design as iPod.

I really do not like the glass, glass, steel band design of the ip4. I like the curved back of the ipad2 and the iPod. It is just more apple-ish.

A5 processor, good camera, NFC, a redesigned "smart-cover" for iPhone.....

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
New processor (not that it needs it but it's pretty much a given at this point).
Better camera (I'm still on 3GS).
Larger screen.
NFC would be cool but not a deal breaker.

This is not hardware related but more than anything I wish Apple would offer a "theme store" without having to jailbreak. I would pay $10-15 for a good theme. Maybe next year.

mortys11

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok , here is my wish list:

64gb memory
1gb ram
Edge to edge screen (retina)
15%-20% better battery life if possible
Led notification flashing light(on top of iOS new features)
Bring back hold button on the phone
Ability to Attach file to email in mail app
Louder/Customize all notification Tones and ability to import your own
Better radio reception/less dropped call performance
Better bluetooth performance(when I use my headset I don't get notifications ally of times)

That it!

mortys11

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why so many of you are obsessed w/ notification lights. I hated them on phones I had. A better notification system I think iOS desperately needs, but no blinking lights. With notifications on the lock screen why would you need it anyway. Press home and you'd see all your notifications.
I shouldn't have to pick up my phone to check if I missed a message, the phone should let me know.

Reactions: redbeard

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I shouldn't have to pick up my phone to check if I missed a message, the phone should let me know.

It does, when it vibrates. If you're paying enough attention to the phone to see a weak little light blinking, you're paying enough attention to it to see, hear, or feel it vibrate. Come on.

Reactions: msm0511

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No, we've been through this already, a light is needed, even it's to just annoy those against progress.:cool:

Yeah, we've been through it many times... and many will disagree and say that a light is NOT needed... progress? not so much... and I stand by my position. It's unnecessary...

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, we've been through it many times... and many will disagree and say that a light is NOT needed... progress? not so much... and I stand by my position. It's unnecessary...

Unnecessary for you, necessary for me.

Nobody is gonna force you to use it, Apple always makes these kinds of things optional in the settings, you can even disable Facetime and MMS.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am looking forward to OTA updates, Lock screen notifications, as well as some of the new camera features that are coming to iOS 5.

mortys11

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It does, when it vibrates. If you're paying enough attention to the phone to see a weak little light blinking, you're paying enough attention to it to see, hear, or feel it vibrate. Come on.

The Led is the last phase of notifications. I agree we have a tone, vibrate and now notification center and people think that should be enough. However there are many cenarios that justify a LED flashing to notify the user there is a message like for hearing impaired people, when you put your phone down at work or play and don't hear the tone or vibrate or you leave the room where it is for 20min (let's face it the iPhone tone and vibrate functions are probably the weakest on the Mkt) that's why anyone who has used other products knows what I am talking about and why notifications has been an issue for the iPhone since day one.

If I am away from my phone why should I look at my phone when i get back if its not blinking?
This should be an option that you can turn off but I believe most people will embrace it and it will quickly seem obvious that it was needed all along.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro