IPHONE 5 whats important to u?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hardware:

*More RAM.
*64 GB
*4G
*A5 chip, same power as iPad 2, not some watered down version like the A4 was in the iPhone 4.
*LED. Here's my idea: Get rid of the ugly plastic home button, replace it with the squircle home icon and make it a LED capacitive touch button. Would glow white whenever the phone is in use so users could access it easily, then the user could set colors of their choice for their notifications. Ex: blue=text, green=twitter, etc.
*At LEAST a 4" Retina Display.
*Better camera lens. The iPhone 4's is great but would be awesome if I never ever had to carry a digital camera again.
*Metal back.
*Better battery life.

iOS 5:

What apple displayed at WWDC was awesome, here are some more ideas....

*AIM built into Messages.
*Facebook integration.
*System-wide voice control. Voice Control sucks at the moment and is VERY limited.
*Spotlight. I wish it was more like Just Type on WebOS. It would be great if I could started typing and either share as a status or have a list of apps to help me complete the search.
*Widgets.

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Hardware:

*More RAM.
*A5 chip, same power as iPad 2, not some watered down version like the A4 was in the iPhone 4.
*LED. Here's my idea: Get rid of the ugly plastic home button, replace it with the squircle home icon and make it a LED capacitive touch button. Would glow white whenever the phone is in use so users could access it easily, then the user could set colors of their choice for their notifications. Ex: blue=text, green=twitter, etc.
*At LEAST a 4" Retina Display.
*Better camera lens. The iPhone 4's is great but would be awesome if I never ever had to carry a digital camera again.
*Metal back.
*Better battery life.

These would be great for me. I don't really care if it looks much different than the iPhone 4, I just want a metal or plastic back, rather than glass. That's my biggest gripe. Other than that, I dwindled down MsEye's list and these would definitely get me to wait and upgrade to it, rather than a iPhone 4.

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I should have taken that out of my post, I don't necessarily need to have a larger screen. The one on the current iPhone is good with me. They get too big, then they get bulky.

seinman#IM

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
All I want in the iPhone 5 is a Sprint-compatible version. After preferring other OSs for years, iOS 5 finally makes me want to switch, but I can't because I'm not leaving Sprint. I don't care if they don't add anything new at all to the hardware; an iPhone 4 on Sprint would be good enough for me.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

baharharre

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Apple has shown some hints of notification at WWDC and that is good enough to understand that we will have notifications like BB in iphone 5. I want some customization in iphone 5 to make it a personal one.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
All I want in the iPhone 5 is a Sprint-compatible version. After preferring other OSs for years, iOS 5 finally makes me want to switch, but I can't because I'm not leaving Sprint. I don't care if they don't add anything new at all to the hardware; an iPhone 4 on Sprint would be good enough for me.

If it does come to Sprint, i would assume they'd have a more expensive plan just for them in line with AT&T and Verizon. It'd also be 3G only.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it does come to Sprint, i would assume they'd have a more expensive plan just for them in line with AT&T and Verizon. It'd also be 3G only.

I don't think so. I think it will be 4G. After all Sprint is the NOW network. So if there is a 4G iphone on Sprint it may just be in 2012. Hopefully they will keep the unlimited plans around. I'd be grandfather in but the way I look at it is, why should people cry or worry over the data they use? Just set it and forget it. Don't worry that you are using too much data. Its very apple like too.

lydia331

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
A flashing indicator of missed notifications would be nice.

The SMS app is so basic, I wish they'd integrate more options such as folders, saved SMS, contact pictures, etc. While I hear they're re-doing the notifications, I think the entire UI needs work to look somewhat more modern.

Customization would be nice to have, but I won't hold my breath.

Better icons all around. The calendar icon looks nothing like the one on a Mac.

And for crying out loud, add some NICE message tones. The new ones in 4.2.1 sound awful.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
A flashing indicator of missed notifications would be nice.

The SMS app is so basic, I wish they'd integrate more options such as folders, saved SMS, contact pictures, etc. While I hear they're re-doing the notifications, I think the entire UI needs work to look somewhat more modern.

Customization would be nice to have, but I won't hold my breath.

Better icons all around. The calendar icon looks nothing like the one on a Mac.

And for crying out loud, add some NICE message tones. The new ones in 4.2.1 sound awful.

I can agree with everything but the flashing light. The iPhone doesn't need to look like a circus apparatus.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think another button will make it past Jobs. What I'd like to see (not mentioned so far)

1. Keyboard macros.

2. Customizable on/off button. So frex, On/off with Home turns off. Pressed alone it can be user defined for like bringing up the camera or whatever. Pressed twice it does another custom function.