IPHONE 5 whats important to u?

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd switch it around to not assume I'm buying a 5. So I'd say, what would cause me to buy a 5? Sure, the idea for the LED notification is great but would it cause me to buy a 5? I doubt it. More memory? No, because I can swap in and out of my 32 gig current phone. I mean, I'd take it, but a 64 gig iPhone or even a 128 gig one wouldn't cause me to buy even if bundled with the LED notification system.

I'm really in the other camp of what would make me buy and I can't think of anything which would. The move from the 3 to the 4 was stupid easy for me due to the display, plus I prefer the 4 design and feel. However the 5 would really need something wonderful that I've yet to hear mentioned to cause me to upgrade again.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Rumors abound about 2 separate iPhone 5 versions. The Nano, which would be smaller and cheaper, and a larger (4.3 inch screen) version.

What would I like? For AT&T to give me an upgrade and for the 5 to drive down the price of the 4.

Notification lights are nice, but I can honestly say that I don't miss them anymore. Widgets would be nice (Android-style would be ideal), same with the ability to move icons anywhere. 5 icon dock standard? I'd be ok with that, but again I can Jailbreak and get that.

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
While I do love my iPhone as is, I would like some flash support. But the skyfire is a decent workaround for me, so future lack of flash support is no deal breaker. iPhone 5, mama's waiting for ya!

Oh, and free built in GPS!!!

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Nothing new from others comments really
- better and less intrusive notification system
- wireless syncing
- widgets for lock screen - calendar appointments etc

Happy with current form factor and hardware

I would like to see the above... with one other thing feature being a bit like the Windows Phone 7 Live Title.. if the Icons on iOS could be 'live' updated.. for example..the little Weather Icon could show the current temp and whether it's sunny or rainy.. so that I would know at a glance the temp and conditions without having to open the app.. or the Clock Icon could be real time. Kinda like how the Calendar Icon shows the days date and the day of the week.

With the retina diplay I would imagine they could put more fluid notifications on the Mail and other 'updated' for example when you see a big 1 in red currently, something more smooth..

Also would like to see better stock apps.. updates to Youtube, Stocks, Maps, Notes, Contacts, iPod, Phone, Mail. The apps should be on par if not better then apps you can currently buy, otherwise what's the point of having most of them.

On the hardware front I would like to see a better camera (always want a better camera, not just more MP). Dual Core would be nice to make everything more smooth and give it some future proofing.. I say this as I'm currently using the iPhone 3gs that in iOS4 feels slow and gets slower with the more 'apps' that have been opened.. where as the iPhone 4 is as smooth as butter.

Notifications on the lockscreen would be nice.. WP7 has that and it's a very nice feature to be able to see appointments and such without having to unlock the phone.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I thought of something else I would like to see in iPhone 5, a better speaker for when I'm not using headphones to listen to music. At least with the 3gs the speaker is pretty weak, and hard to hear unless it's at MAX volume. At max volume it's scratchy as hell. I don't need a speaker like on the HTC Surround, but a nicer speaker in any case.

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I would like for it to be a CDMA/GSM hybrid so I could use it in Europe. I may be going to Scotland in two months and will have to switch back to my blackberry which is making me irritated just thinking about it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't understand why so many of you are obsessed w/ notification lights. I hated them on phones I had. A better notification system I think iOS desperately needs, but no blinking lights. With notifications on the lock screen why would you need it anyway. Press home and you'd see all your notifications.

AndroidFresh

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitly more customization, but widgets might be a little extra. If the battery could last longer that would be cool but if that was possible wouldn't that have already been fixed by now?also the accelerometer to recognize the home screen.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why so many of you are obsessed w/ notification lights. I hated them on phones I had. A better notification system I think iOS desperately needs, but no blinking lights. With notifications on the lock screen why would you need it anyway. Press home and you'd see all your notifications.

Well think of it this way. With the lock screen thing everyone seems to be in love with, you still have to lock your device where elsewhere you dont need to do a damn thing other then swip down or something.

The light could always be a user option.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
What I want/need from the i5 means hardware...

• Led notification light would be cool
  • Better speakerphone
  • 4 inch screen... (after using the atrix, i feel it's the perfect size)
  • 8mp rear (dual 8mp would be a dream) / 3mp front facing camera
  • Dual 1.2 Ghz processor
  • 1GB ram
  • White color option on RELEASE DAY!
  • Better battery (it's awesome now, but the above wants may require more juice)

Edit: If you also meant software, iOS 5...

• Notifications - it could be like LockInfo or even if it's an app that has badges letting me know how many messages/notifications i received and when i go into it, all my notifications that i can touch to view or go into the app that the message/notification is from
  • FaceTime - 3G or Wifi
  • Messaging app popup - popup in which you could reply to the message w/o leaving the app
  • Change default apps - I'm close to positive it'll probably never happen, but being able to make other apps the default. so an app like BiteSMS could replace the default messaging app
  • BBM - since that may never happen or not any time soon, maybe apple could create their own bbm like messaging app for iPhone owners and hopefully make it open for development
  • Email - would love to be able to just see my unread mail, only like windows phone 7

Last edited:

mlaz14

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Better notifications and being able to quick reply to a text. Maybe make the lockscreen more useful but it's not that important to me. I don't care about widgets or customization at all but I can see why people want it.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Given the retina display, I don't feel a need for a larger screen. What I don't wish to see at all is an overall larger phone and I can't see the screen enlarging w/o the entire phone doing so ala some of the Android whoppers out there.

I agree with Duvi on the better speakerphone. It's ok now, but could be better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh