All I want in the iPhone 5 is a Sprint-compatible version. After preferring other OSs for years, iOS 5 finally makes me want to switch, but I can't because I'm not leaving Sprint. I don't care if they don't add anything new at all to the hardware; an iPhone 4 on Sprint would be good enough for me.
    If it does come to Sprint, i would assume they'd have a more expensive plan just for them in line with AT&T and Verizon. It'd also be 3G only.
    06-16-2011 10:36 AM
    If it does come to Sprint, i would assume they'd have a more expensive plan just for them in line with AT&T and Verizon. It'd also be 3G only.
    I don't think so. I think it will be 4G. After all Sprint is the NOW network. So if there is a 4G iphone on Sprint it may just be in 2012. Hopefully they will keep the unlimited plans around. I'd be grandfather in but the way I look at it is, why should people cry or worry over the data they use? Just set it and forget it. Don't worry that you are using too much data. Its very apple like too.
    06-16-2011 01:41 PM
    A flashing indicator of missed notifications would be nice.

The SMS app is so basic, I wish they'd integrate more options such as folders, saved SMS, contact pictures, etc. While I hear they're re-doing the notifications, I think the entire UI needs work to look somewhat more modern.

Customization would be nice to have, but I won't hold my breath.

Better icons all around. The calendar icon looks nothing like the one on a Mac.

And for crying out loud, add some NICE message tones. The new ones in 4.2.1 sound awful.
    06-16-2011 11:56 PM
    A flashing indicator of missed notifications would be nice.

The SMS app is so basic, I wish they'd integrate more options such as folders, saved SMS, contact pictures, etc. While I hear they're re-doing the notifications, I think the entire UI needs work to look somewhat more modern.

Customization would be nice to have, but I won't hold my breath.

Better icons all around. The calendar icon looks nothing like the one on a Mac.

And for crying out loud, add some NICE message tones. The new ones in 4.2.1 sound awful.
    I can agree with everything but the flashing light. The iPhone doesn't need to look like a circus apparatus.
    06-17-2011 12:06 AM
    I can agree with everything but the flashing light. The iPhone doesn't need to look like a circus apparatus.
    Which it would not, it would look like a cell phone with a notification light.
    Adawg1203 and ChrisGonzales90 like this.
    06-17-2011 04:02 PM
    Which it would not, it would look like a cell phone with a notification light.
    This^. If there aren't icons in the status bar or a led light, how useful is notification center? What good is it other then removing dialogue boxes?
    Adawg1203 and redbeard like this.
    06-19-2011 04:03 AM
    Hmm. Nothing major. Notifications won't be ready until i6. Better SMS tones that we can make ourselves. Beyond that, I'm good.
    Guess who was wrong!!? lol
    06-20-2011 01:13 PM
    My personal top priority - 64GB, ideally 128GB. Lots of other great suggestions above though.
    06-22-2011 07:24 AM
    An LED light for notifications and maybe a dedicated camera button. Both great features the BB has.
    06-22-2011 01:58 PM
    I don't think another button will make it past Jobs. What I'd like to see (not mentioned so far)

1. Keyboard macros.

2. Customizable on/off button. So frex, On/off with Home turns off. Pressed alone it can be user defined for like bringing up the camera or whatever. Pressed twice it does another custom function.
    06-22-2011 02:59 PM
    I don't think another button will make it past Jobs. What I'd like to see (not mentioned so far)

1. Keyboard macros.

2. Customizable on/off button. So frex, On/off with Home turns off. Pressed alone it can be user defined for like bringing up the camera or whatever. Pressed twice it does another custom function.
    One could hope!!
    06-22-2011 03:12 PM
    Apple is bringing notifications up to (or beyond) the competition, they should also do the same for multitasking. That's the one weakness of iOS4 that affects my buying decision the most this year.

Lawrence
    06-27-2011 12:11 PM
    Apple is bringing notifications up to (or beyond) the competition, they should also do the same for multitasking. That's the one weakness of iOS4 that affects my buying decision the most this year.

Lawrence
    The notifications thing is what I am most disappointed with and most looking forward to seeing the improvements. I came from BB and there alot of things that device could do that I miss. From the rumors I'm seeing the IPhone 5 will be a dramatic upgrade from Iphone 4.
    06-27-2011 01:37 PM

Lawrence
    Apple will need to address this carefully. Given 'the Apple' way of ***** simple or it's not in the device, it may not make it. People will need to do more than just switch away from an app today if the new OS keeps the task actually running in the b/g. We'll need a way to switch away and leave running and also switch away but go to sleep for the app we're leaving or we'll find ourselves having HTC sorts of battery issues.

That is, people will need to think before switching from an app and that's not 'the Apple way'.
    06-27-2011 02:18 PM
    Same size and design as iPod.

I really do not like the glass, glass, steel band design of the ip4. I like the curved back of the ipad2 and the iPod. It is just more apple-ish.

A5 processor, good camera, NFC, a redesigned "smart-cover" for iPhone.....
    06-27-2011 03:41 PM
    A better camera and more customization for sure.
    06-28-2011 07:55 PM
    New processor (not that it needs it but it's pretty much a given at this point).
    Better camera (I'm still on 3GS).
    Larger screen.
    NFC would be cool but not a deal breaker.

This is not hardware related but more than anything I wish Apple would offer a "theme store" without having to jailbreak. I would pay $10-15 for a good theme. Maybe next year.
    06-29-2011 08:28 AM
    LED, better GPS, bigger and better battery.
    Definitely these three
    06-29-2011 08:34 AM
    Definitely these three
    Definately.
    06-29-2011 12:22 PM
    I'd be content with just a larger screen and even better camera.
    06-29-2011 02:46 PM
    LTE, faster processor, bigger screen... = better...
    06-29-2011 05:16 PM
    Absolutely. It becomes absurd if your phone has a screen with similar size as some tablets.

It also has to fit comfortably in my pocket.
    And what good is a big screen without retina display right the little green dude will never learn
    06-29-2011 07:37 PM
    Ok , here is my wish list:

64gb memory
    1gb ram
    Edge to edge screen (retina)
    15%-20% better battery life if possible
    Led notification flashing light(on top of iOS new features)
    Bring back hold button on the phone
    Ability to Attach file to email in mail app
    Louder/Customize all notification Tones and ability to import your own
    Better radio reception/less dropped call performance
    Better bluetooth performance(when I use my headset I don't get notifications ally of times)

That it!
    07-02-2011 11:13 PM
    I don't understand why so many of you are obsessed w/ notification lights. I hated them on phones I had. A better notification system I think iOS desperately needs, but no blinking lights. With notifications on the lock screen why would you need it anyway. Press home and you'd see all your notifications.
    I shouldn't have to pick up my phone to check if I missed a message, the phone should let me know.
    Adawg1203 and redbeard like this.
    07-02-2011 11:21 PM
    I shouldn't have to pick up my phone to check if I missed a message, the phone should let me know.
    It does, when it vibrates. If you're paying enough attention to the phone to see a weak little light blinking, you're paying enough attention to it to see, hear, or feel it vibrate. Come on.
    msm0511 likes this.
    07-03-2011 12:08 AM
190 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD