If apple can make a large screen phone, they would do well. They always seem tko have great battery life.
    02-15-2011 12:01 PM
    Customization. God I miss custom SMS tones.
    02-15-2011 12:04 PM
    Nothing new from others comments really
    - better and less intrusive notification system
    - wireless syncing
    - widgets for lock screen - calendar appointments etc

Happy with current form factor and hardware
    I would like to see the above... with one other thing feature being a bit like the Windows Phone 7 Live Title.. if the Icons on iOS could be 'live' updated.. for example..the little Weather Icon could show the current temp and whether it's sunny or rainy.. so that I would know at a glance the temp and conditions without having to open the app.. or the Clock Icon could be real time. Kinda like how the Calendar Icon shows the days date and the day of the week.

With the retina diplay I would imagine they could put more fluid notifications on the Mail and other 'updated' for example when you see a big 1 in red currently, something more smooth..

Also would like to see better stock apps.. updates to Youtube, Stocks, Maps, Notes, Contacts, iPod, Phone, Mail. The apps should be on par if not better then apps you can currently buy, otherwise what's the point of having most of them.

On the hardware front I would like to see a better camera (always want a better camera, not just more MP). Dual Core would be nice to make everything more smooth and give it some future proofing.. I say this as I'm currently using the iPhone 3gs that in iOS4 feels slow and gets slower with the more 'apps' that have been opened.. where as the iPhone 4 is as smooth as butter.

Notifications on the lockscreen would be nice.. WP7 has that and it's a very nice feature to be able to see appointments and such without having to unlock the phone.
    02-15-2011 01:11 PM
    Themeing without jailbreaking it and as many have mentioned, flash support.
    02-15-2011 06:27 PM
    I thought of something else I would like to see in iPhone 5, a better speaker for when I'm not using headphones to listen to music. At least with the 3gs the speaker is pretty weak, and hard to hear unless it's at MAX volume. At max volume it's scratchy as hell. I don't need a speaker like on the HTC Surround, but a nicer speaker in any case.
    02-15-2011 07:30 PM
    I would like for it to be a CDMA/GSM hybrid so I could use it in Europe. I may be going to Scotland in two months and will have to switch back to my blackberry which is making me irritated just thinking about it.
    03-02-2011 11:30 PM
    I don't understand why so many of you are obsessed w/ notification lights. I hated them on phones I had. A better notification system I think iOS desperately needs, but no blinking lights. With notifications on the lock screen why would you need it anyway. Press home and you'd see all your notifications.
    03-03-2011 01:00 AM
    Definitly more customization, but widgets might be a little extra. If the battery could last longer that would be cool but if that was possible wouldn't that have already been fixed by now?also the accelerometer to recognize the home screen.
    03-03-2011 01:36 AM
    I don't understand why so many of you are obsessed w/ notification lights. I hated them on phones I had. A better notification system I think iOS desperately needs, but no blinking lights. With notifications on the lock screen why would you need it anyway. Press home and you'd see all your notifications.
    Well think of it this way. With the lock screen thing everyone seems to be in love with, you still have to lock your device where elsewhere you dont need to do a damn thing other then swip down or something.

The light could always be a user option.
    03-03-2011 01:37 AM
    Huge software update. iOS 5 needs to be able to kick Androids ***!
    03-03-2011 02:50 AM
    What I want/need from the i5 means hardware...

• Led notification light would be cool
    • Better speakerphone
    • 4 inch screen... (after using the atrix, i feel it's the perfect size)
    • 8mp rear (dual 8mp would be a dream) / 3mp front facing camera
    • Dual 1.2 Ghz processor
    • 1GB ram
    • White color option on RELEASE DAY!
    • Better battery (it's awesome now, but the above wants may require more juice)

Edit: If you also meant software, iOS 5...

• Notifications - it could be like LockInfo or even if it's an app that has badges letting me know how many messages/notifications i received and when i go into it, all my notifications that i can touch to view or go into the app that the message/notification is from
    • FaceTime - 3G or Wifi
    • Messaging app popup - popup in which you could reply to the message w/o leaving the app
    • Change default apps - I'm close to positive it'll probably never happen, but being able to make other apps the default. so an app like BiteSMS could replace the default messaging app
    • BBM - since that may never happen or not any time soon, maybe apple could create their own bbm like messaging app for iPhone owners and hopefully make it open for development
    • Email - would love to be able to just see my unread mail, only like windows phone 7
    Last edited by Duvi; 03-03-2011 at 04:16 AM.
    03-03-2011 03:59 AM
    Better notifications and being able to quick reply to a text. Maybe make the lockscreen more useful but it's not that important to me. I don't care about widgets or customization at all but I can see why people want it.
    03-03-2011 04:13 AM
    4" screen
    64gb storage option
    dual core!

give me at least 2 of the 3 and ill be happy.
    03-03-2011 07:51 AM
    Given the retina display, I don't feel a need for a larger screen. What I don't wish to see at all is an overall larger phone and I can't see the screen enlarging w/o the entire phone doing so ala some of the Android whoppers out there.

I agree with Duvi on the better speakerphone. It's ok now, but could be better.
    03-03-2011 09:19 AM
    A world phone, CDMA and GSM compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-11-2011 01:10 PM
    Hardware:

*More RAM.
    *64 GB
    *4G
    *A5 chip, same power as iPad 2, not some watered down version like the A4 was in the iPhone 4.
    *LED. Here's my idea: Get rid of the ugly plastic home button, replace it with the squircle home icon and make it a LED capacitive touch button. Would glow white whenever the phone is in use so users could access it easily, then the user could set colors of their choice for their notifications. Ex: blue=text, green=twitter, etc.
    *At LEAST a 4" Retina Display.
    *Better camera lens. The iPhone 4's is great but would be awesome if I never ever had to carry a digital camera again.
    *Metal back.
    *Better battery life.

iOS 5:

What apple displayed at WWDC was awesome, here are some more ideas....

*AIM built into Messages.
    *Facebook integration.
    *System-wide voice control. Voice Control sucks at the moment and is VERY limited.
    *Spotlight. I wish it was more like Just Type on WebOS. It would be great if I could started typing and either share as a status or have a list of apps to help me complete the search.
    *Widgets.
    06-12-2011 05:50 AM
    Price

I just got the white iPhone 4 and they confirmed iOS 5 will be on the iPhone 4. So what else do I need?
    06-12-2011 06:30 PM
    Hardware:

*More RAM.
    *A5 chip, same power as iPad 2, not some watered down version like the A4 was in the iPhone 4.
    *LED. Here's my idea: Get rid of the ugly plastic home button, replace it with the squircle home icon and make it a LED capacitive touch button. Would glow white whenever the phone is in use so users could access it easily, then the user could set colors of their choice for their notifications. Ex: blue=text, green=twitter, etc.
    *At LEAST a 4" Retina Display.
    *Better camera lens. The iPhone 4's is great but would be awesome if I never ever had to carry a digital camera again.
    *Metal back.
    *Better battery life.
    These would be great for me. I don't really care if it looks much different than the iPhone 4, I just want a metal or plastic back, rather than glass. That's my biggest gripe. Other than that, I dwindled down MsEye's list and these would definitely get me to wait and upgrade to it, rather than a iPhone 4.
    06-13-2011 11:18 AM
    What features does the iphone 5 have to have?

More customization? Widgets?
    What do people wanna see on the iphone 5?? Share with me?
    That it not have an absurdly large screen.
    cardfan likes this.
    06-13-2011 12:24 PM
    A 5.5" screen... I'm tired of these Android phones bragging about their screen size! You're move little green dude!
    06-13-2011 07:26 PM
    Absolutely. It becomes absurd if your phone has a screen with similar size as some tablets.

It also has to fit comfortably in my pocket.
    06-13-2011 08:12 PM
    Late to this thread but as others have posted: 4" display at least, more RAM, better battery, improved attenna.
    06-14-2011 06:33 AM
    Yeah, I should have taken that out of my post, I don't necessarily need to have a larger screen. The one on the current iPhone is good with me. They get too big, then they get bulky.
    06-14-2011 09:57 AM
    All I want in the iPhone 5 is a Sprint-compatible version. After preferring other OSs for years, iOS 5 finally makes me want to switch, but I can't because I'm not leaving Sprint. I don't care if they don't add anything new at all to the hardware; an iPhone 4 on Sprint would be good enough for me.
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    06-14-2011 10:19 AM
    Apple has shown some hints of notification at WWDC and that is good enough to understand that we will have notifications like BB in iphone 5. I want some customization in iphone 5 to make it a personal one.
    Last edited by baharharre; 06-23-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    06-16-2011 07:12 AM
190 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD