• iPad 2

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Given that both devices will most likely be released next year, which device are you more likely to buy?

(If you could only chose one of the two.)

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apples and Oranges...no legitimate comparison between them given they serve two separate purposes. If it's strictly a question of being limited to one of them and having to choose which one would be more useful in my own situation, the iPhone 5 (only because i always buy the new iPhone when it comes out and have no desire to have an iPad).

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the iPad 2 will have more changes (Facetime, Retina display ect) so will probably go with that. iPhone is only likely to have NFC to compete with Google Nexus S if that even!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
For me, it would be the iPad since I already am on a 2 year contract with Sprint. Both the iPad and the iPhone serve different purposes. I already own the iPad (it was given to me as a gift) and I'm looking forward to seeing what the second generation has in store. I doubt it will have a Retna display, (not to mention there is no such thing, its just a marketing ploy from Apple)

The iPhone will have NFC. They alreeady applied for a patent on it a whole back, but the real question is, would there be a software over hall for the fifth generation of iOS?

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
@dp - I'm glad you understood the question. Too bad Sean did not...

I agree with your comment.

This may be the year that I skip out on the iPhone upgrade (unless ATT gives the early upgrade). I've already got the OK from my wife to get the new iPad as long as I give her my current one (which is only two weeks old).

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
@dp - I'm glad you understood the question. Too bad Sean did not...

I agree with your comment.

This may be the year that I skip out on the iPhone upgrade (unless ATT gives the early upgrade). I've already got the OK from my wife to get the new iPad as long as I give her my current one (which is only two weeks old).

Everything must be run by her huh?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
love my iPad and love my iPhone 4

but if i had to upgrade only one of them it would have to the iPhone. i always have it with me so i would get more out of it.

not to mention that an iPhone with new contract (that i'd have regardless of upgrading or not) = $200 and an iPad= $499+

I'd much rather save the $300 and get the girlfriend an iPhone also. (she still uses a blackberry the heretic)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The iphone is pretty much a freebie each year for me. Flip old one, buy new one, break even or profit. And its definitely a must have device for me.

The ipad i don't really need. It's more for the kiddo, some games, or to watch videos on. So i can't see me wanting an ipad 2 to replace something i don't really need :) It's unlikely to be much of an improvement given what i use it for.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
For me, i can't imagine upgrading to a new iPad. unless my iphone could sync with my iPad...... Hence making it a Macbook Air of sorts.
Don't need or want a camera on my iPad or care about a USB port on it either.

My iPhone has more usability for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I understood, quite clearly, what you were asking...i guess i was just kind of hoping there was a point to asking it, which, clearly...there wasnt.

i.RSX

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just sold my soul for an iPhone 4 back in June. Won't have a replacement soul to plunge on another iPhone for another 3 years (damn Canadian 3-year plans!) Therefore, I'd get an iPad 2 if anything (probably none of the above actually).

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Haha, nobody said neither yet! Why iPad 2? Well, for one, I already have an iPhone 4, and I think Apple will add some really cool features, like the retina, or nicer, display. That, plus at least one camera, and you got your self an awesome piece of hardware. Also, iPad has a higher resale value too.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'd have to say iPhone 5, I still don't feel like I'm getting as much use as i could out of the iPad. I think the iPad 2 will have some nice upgrades but the original iPad will still be relevant. When I get the iPhone 5 I can then pass my iPhone 4 on to my GF.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
ill be buying both but if i had to only choose one it will be the iphone 5 however if they still dont have a 64gb model then i might forgo that and just get an ipad2

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Its called a successful marriage. Unless you want her buying 800 in shoes, work it out on the front end.

Besides that, most couples agreenon purchases. It is how we stay debt free. Hopefully you know of this.

I was actually aiming at something else, but what ever. Clearly you do not get sarcasm

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711