• iPad 2

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Meow it's like cats in a box on this forum lately!

Anyway, I'll buy an iPad 2 if it has good enough hardware (better than the PlayBook) and enough interesting new features, but I'm definitely buying the iPhone 5 because I know it's going to be a good upgrade. So I suppose iPhone 5 is my answer.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@dpscott

So you'd buy the iPad because it's catching up with the iPhone from the year before? Lol.. And you're kidding yourself to say iPhone 5 will only offer NFC. In fact I'm pretty sure it won't considering there isn't anywhere in America to actually USE it.

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Most definitely the iPhone 5. I'm out my iPhone 4 because I had to give it to my brother, so I'm back to the 3GS. Love seeing new development for the iPhones. I can't really think of anything they would add to the iPad..

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
@dpscott

So you'd buy the iPad because it's catching up with the iPhone from the year before? Lol.. And you're kidding yourself to say iPhone 5 will only offer NFC. In fact I'm pretty sure it won't considering there isn't anywhere in America to actually USE it.

Do you actually use 100% of the features on your phone?

and cats in a box? WTH?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He's talking about the bickering between the OP and people on the forum (See: Me) who were trying to find the reasoning behind his question. As it turned out, there was none, which i have no personal problem with, i wasnt demanding it, i was just hoping there was some point instead of it being generic and pointless.

Then he decided to take a shot at my futurama avatar...which kind of baffled me, but i guess if it made him feel like he got his "revenge" to my retort, more power to him, lol.

To the OP...relax there bud, i was just pointing out the obvious. It's ok to post useless banter from time to time like this thread, im doing it right now!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@ChrisGonzales90

I just don't think Apple will be so quick to adopt a technology that nobody even understands or would be able to use anywhere yet. It's useless right now.

Also, "cats in a box" is a saying. If you put 2 cats in a box together who don't know eachother they will likely start hissing and scratching at each other for no reason.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Neither, the iPhone 4 is great and I don't need an iPad.

I don't get all this NFC talk for any phone. Is NFC the new jargon for RFID? Does any place use it outside of Japan? My debit card has it but I've never used it.

Unless the iPhone 5 comes with a brain implant it can't have that much over the 4 at this time. A 2MP pixel facetime camera, more RAM, and a new antenna are probably it.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you want to avoid an unnecessary (read: preventable) headache, yes.

There you go! Someone's got it!

@ChrisGonzales90

I just don't think Apple will be so quick to adopt a technology that nobody even understands or would be able to use anywhere yet. It's useless right now.

True, but the same could be said for almost any feature. What general consumer is going to know what HDR photos is?

Neither, the iPhone 4 is great and I don't need an iPad.

I don't get all this NFC talk for any phone. Is NFC the new jargon for RFID? Does any place use it outside of Japan? My debit card has it but I've never used it.

Unless the iPhone 5 comes with a brain implant it can't have that much over the 4 at this time. A 2MP pixel facetime camera, more RAM, and a new antenna are probably it.

That will be iPhone 20

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
True, but the same could be said for almost any feature. What general consumer is going to know what HDR photos is?

But HDR can still help people in their day to day life. NFC won't do anything for 99% of people, and people will be scared to use a feature like that because of credit card security and crap.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
But HDR can still help people in their day to day life. NFC won't do anything for 99% of people, and people will be scared to use a feature like that because of credit card security and crap.

OK, your acting like NFC will be the only feature added to the iPhone 5.

But your right. People will be throwing a fit. They threw a fit when I worked form Target and asked for their ID since I couldnt sell them that M rated game, cough meds or the wine. Its like, Target doesn't give a damn about you. Its just a system set up so we can sell these things legally. (ie; sell the wine to 21+)

Not to menton "Big brother" is always watching

grajasekar

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd go with an iPhone 5. I don't really feel the need for updating for just a few upgrades from the current iPad. But more so cos I love devices that are more mobile and that I can use on the go.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't really think of what can be improved in my iPhone 4, but if the ipad 2 has retina display -- I'm there!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I can't really think of what can be improved in my iPhone 4, but if the ipad 2 has retina display -- I'm there!

That's not feasible. It would need a 2400x1800 resolution. So unless you want the iPad to start at $2000, you don't want retina display on it.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
That's not feasible. It would need a 2400x1800 resolution. So unless you want the iPad to start at $2000, you don't want retina display on it.

To be honest, i've no idea what it would cost apple or the performance hit it may take with that resolution. I just know they have no huge NEED to increase resolution yet. Maybe once compeitors' tablets flood the market? Right now, there's no 10" pad worth looking at.

But it would definitely be pretty sweet and a must buy (for me) when or if it does happen.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Again, people. a "retina display" is just Apple using fancy words for what the indrestery calls "High resolution display" There is no such thing as a "retina display"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73