iPhone 5 questions/speculations

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the big new features might be induction charging and wireless syncing.

There will of course be the basic upgrades like processor, probably not ram because 512 is enough. 1GB of ram in a phone is just not required by anything right now. 64GB storage might finally happen as they will probably move the iPod touch to 128GB and kill the iPod classic next year.

I'm not sure apple will be using NFC chips in 2011, because most retail outlets in America do not and will not support it for a long time.

Apple will also wait a year until LTE matures for a 2012 release.

Body-wise, the design will change to escape the stigma of the current design. The only reason 3G>3GS saw no changes is because Jobs was sick and couldn't be as involved as he would like to be. I think the new iPhone will have less glass and a stainless steel back, maybe with the entire bottom of the band serving as the antenna instead of just that tiny spot.

Camera will stay the same apart from some minor background upgrades that will remove that ridiculous green spot from photos.

Screen size won't change, and if it does it won't be a change that makes the device any bigger. It will not change aspect ratios so the screen only has a tiny area to increase in size.

For anyone wondering, NFC is Near Field Communication which allows your phone to be used as a credit card or other cards.

What green spot? lol

Also, I really would like a bigger screen. I'm over the 3.7 inch screen. It's small for browsing the web. I really like the evo's screen size. It's so nice for browsing.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I bet a 3d image projection would be cool

Cool, but what FUNCTIONALITY would it bring? I just see it as airplay for the rest of iOs. Nothing more. Nothing less.

What green spot? lol

Also, I really would like a bigger screen. I'm over the 3.7 inch screen. It's small for browsing the web. I really like the evo's screen size. It's so nice for browsing.

+1

Granted, it does have a little weight, but you get used to it. I just love HTC sense. Plus there is an update coming for HTC sense with a more polished look.

though the screen could have more colors, perhaps a higher res. But I use my phone Solly for communication. Not to stair at the screen all day.

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I think they will keep the design, minus the antennagate of course. They will probably release the white iPhone at the same time, they should have learned by now!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think they will keep the design, minus the antennagate of course. They will probably release the white iPhone at the same time, they should have learned by now!

of course. Nothing wrong with the current design. They could just build off that, perhaps have a more "macbook pro" like design (no glass on back) and have a darker, and a lighter one. Screen resolution wont increase since theres so much you can do with a 3.5" display

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site

That is the one thing I'd really like-for web browsing and book reading.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I really hope they change the design. It's been the same since 2007. Lets liven it up a bit lol.

Im looking at my iPhone 4, and i sit confused at your statement...what is the same about this phone and the 3G/3GS? Besides the general design of a phone, which you could attribute to almost any smart phone, what exactly is the same?

This phone's weight ALONE makes it feel a world different than the previous gens...

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I really hope they change the design. It's been the same since 2007. Lets liven it up a bit lol.

+1

Same with iOS. Square icons are meh. They can come up with a new simple design.

My 4 doesn't seem the same design as a 3. What do you mean?

I think hes is talking about the front

iphone4_front.jpg

and yes, Technically its the same design. A "whole new design" would be a phone built from the ground up.

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Personally I think the iPhone "5" will be an iPhone 4s , basically faster hardware . Which is great because in terms of speed right now iPhone 4 is about 10% faster than the 3Gs

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Technically, the iPhone 4 is between 30-35% faster in overall processing performance than the 3GS, a simple google searched yielded several tests and factored in every variable and that is what it came out too...that number is also not even factoring in how much quicker various tools and apps work on the iPhone 4 vs. the 3GS.

So i'd say your 10% estimate is pretty substantially off.

Jatz

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Got to have:
- A hugely improved homescreen that people have being crying out for for ages.
- Improved camera.
- Improved calendar... The current calendar is pure rubbish.
- 64gb option.
- Free MobileMe (should be but won't be)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Personally I think the iPhone "5" will be an iPhone 4s , basically faster hardware . Which is great because in terms of speed right now iPhone 4 is about 10% faster than the 3Gs

It won't become the "4S" though as its still the 5th iPhone. (3G was the second, and 3GS was the third) seems kind of silly for Apple to "reuse" past names.

Got to have:
- A hugely improved homescreen that people have being crying out for for ages.
- Improved camera.
- Improved calendar... The current calendar is pure rubbish.
- 64gb option.
- Free MobileMe (should be but won't be)

- Thats one thing I do hope for. Its been what? three - four years since the iPhone came out and we had the same home screen for all that time? I think its time to get some widgets (REAL ones, not just static ones hidden to the left or in the icons. Ones you can place on the home screen, move around remove, readd. Apps can even have their own widget. )
- Not sure what could be improved with the camera. It seems pretty much perfect on the iPhone 4. Dual LED flash? Higher res front camera? Perhaps filters for the camera?
- Such as what? New UI or new funcationalty?
-64GB will come.
- would be nice.

jables

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
most of these ideas sound great to me. personally from whats said i would love some added new features such as custom tones for texts and email. wifi sync would be really sweet. the larger memory option would be really nice. 64gb would be useful for the users who really use it to its advantage. i would like to see a lockscreen widget, such as to do's of the day, that would help keep me reminded of certain things, or like the weather displayed on the lockscreen. just something a little different. and of course optional.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711