Also, I really would like a bigger screen. I'm over the 3.7 inch screen. It's small for browsing the web. I really like the evo's screen size. It's so nice for browsing.
    That is the one thing I'd really like-for web browsing and book reading.
    12-05-2010 04:58 PM
    I really hope they change the design. It's been the same since 2007. Lets liven it up a bit lol.
    12-05-2010 05:03 PM
    I really hope they change the design. It's been the same since 2007. Lets liven it up a bit lol.
    My 4 doesn't seem the same design as a 3. What do you mean?
    12-05-2010 07:05 PM
    Im looking at my iPhone 4, and i sit confused at your statement...what is the same about this phone and the 3G/3GS? Besides the general design of a phone, which you could attribute to almost any smart phone, what exactly is the same?

This phone's weight ALONE makes it feel a world different than the previous gens...
    12-05-2010 08:01 PM
    +1

Same with iOS. Square icons are meh. They can come up with a new simple design.

My 4 doesn't seem the same design as a 3. What do you mean?
    I think hes is talking about the front

and yes, Technically its the same design. A "whole new design" would be a phone built from the ground up.
    12-05-2010 08:41 PM
    It ain't fixed in stone. You don't like the icons in front, change 'em. Geeze.
    12-05-2010 08:44 PM
    It ain't fixed in stone. You don't like the icons in front, change 'em. Geeze.
    Not exactly what we were talking about. How about some icons that are not always square
    12-05-2010 08:46 PM
    Not exactly what we were talking about. How about some icons that are not always square
    If this is important to you, then it is. Seems beyond silly to me.
    12-05-2010 08:58 PM
    If this is important to you, then it is. Seems beyond silly to me.
    If only you were the only iOS user
    12-05-2010 09:06 PM
    If only you were the only iOS user
    Good point. My iPhone runs on Win 7
    12-05-2010 09:14 PM
    Personally I think the iPhone "5" will be an iPhone 4s , basically faster hardware . Which is great because in terms of speed right now iPhone 4 is about 10% faster than the 3Gs
    12-06-2010 10:31 AM
    Technically, the iPhone 4 is between 30-35% faster in overall processing performance than the 3GS, a simple google searched yielded several tests and factored in every variable and that is what it came out too...that number is also not even factoring in how much quicker various tools and apps work on the iPhone 4 vs. the 3GS.

So i'd say your 10% estimate is pretty substantially off.
    12-06-2010 10:50 AM
    Got to have:
    - A hugely improved homescreen that people have being crying out for for ages.
    - Improved camera.
    - Improved calendar... The current calendar is pure rubbish.
    - 64gb option.
    - Free MobileMe (should be but won't be)
    12-06-2010 11:49 AM
    Personally I think the iPhone "5" will be an iPhone 4s , basically faster hardware . Which is great because in terms of speed right now iPhone 4 is about 10% faster than the 3Gs
    It won't become the "4S" though as its still the 5th iPhone. (3G was the second, and 3GS was the third) seems kind of silly for Apple to "reuse" past names.

Got to have:
    - A hugely improved homescreen that people have being crying out for for ages.
    - Improved camera.
    - Improved calendar... The current calendar is pure rubbish.
    - 64gb option.
    - Free MobileMe (should be but won't be)

- Thats one thing I do hope for. Its been what? three - four years since the iPhone came out and we had the same home screen for all that time? I think its time to get some widgets (REAL ones, not just static ones hidden to the left or in the icons. Ones you can place on the home screen, move around remove, readd. Apps can even have their own widget. )
    - Not sure what could be improved with the camera. It seems pretty much perfect on the iPhone 4. Dual LED flash? Higher res front camera? Perhaps filters for the camera?
    - Such as what? New UI or new funcationalty?
    -64GB will come.
    - would be nice.
    12-06-2010 01:06 PM
    most of these ideas sound great to me. personally from whats said i would love some added new features such as custom tones for texts and email. wifi sync would be really sweet. the larger memory option would be really nice. 64gb would be useful for the users who really use it to its advantage. i would like to see a lockscreen widget, such as to do's of the day, that would help keep me reminded of certain things, or like the weather displayed on the lockscreen. just something a little different. and of course optional.
    12-06-2010 01:39 PM
    Only thing i am missing and been looking forward to since the first iPhone is *Wireless Syncing.

I honestly hope and pray they dont increase the size like the Desire HD. The size is just perfect so if it goes bigger even a little it will be to big in my opinion. On the other hand there are much black boarders around the screen they could take advantage on.
    Ofc faster CPU+GPU is natural

But seriously iPhone4 is quite new and i dont think it will be old anytime soon, sure the latest Android phones might have faster CPU but in reality the end user experience is what counts and iPhone beat the crap out of all Androids. And one of the things i love with iPhone is that it dont get updated every month like HTC which make a phone every month or so. As a user i think it sucks that a phone you buy gets old after a few month.

Anyway back to topic one more thing i like to add to the list is USB port instead of the proprietary one but i doubt this will happen.
    12-06-2010 03:12 PM
    Only thing i am missing and been looking forward to since the first iPhone is *Wireless Syncing.

I honestly hope and pray they dont increase the size like the Desire HD. The size is just perfect so if it goes bigger even a little it will be to big in my opinion. On the other hand there are much black boarders around the screen they could take advantage on.
    Ofc faster CPU+GPU is natural

But seriously iPhone4 is quite new and i dont think it will be old anytime soon, sure the latest Android phones might have faster CPU but in reality the end user experience is what counts and iPhone beat the crap out of all Androids. And one of the things i love with iPhone is that it dont get updated every month like HTC which make a phone every month or so. As a user i think it sucks that a phone you buy gets old after a few month.

Anyway back to topic one more thing i like to add to the list is USB port instead of the proprietary one but i doubt this will happen.
    Since when does HTC make a new phone every month? and who says you have to go out and buy a new phone every time theres a new model.
    12-06-2010 04:27 PM
    Since when does HTC make a new phone every month? and who says you have to go out and buy a new phone every time theres a new model.
    HTC (Phone Scoop)

The top 11 phones all came out in 2010...

They're not all to the same carrier, but that's 1 phone every month so far.
    12-07-2010 08:40 AM
    HTC (Phone Scoop)

The top 11 phones all came out in 2010...

They're not all to the same carrier, but that's 1 phone every month so far.
    ok...

but still, who says you have to go out and buy them each month. who says you have to go out and buy a new iPhone each year?
    12-07-2010 01:05 PM
    Cool topic really
    12-07-2010 03:17 PM
    Cool topic really
    Thanks . I really want wireless syncing as well @vampyren. I think having to tether to my computer to "sync" is very palm, and very 90's. Apple needs to ditch that quick.
    12-08-2010 07:20 PM
    I will probably have to buy the iPhone 5 off contract due to the fact I doubt I'll have a upgrade. Does anyone know how much a iPhone goes for off contract?
    12-09-2010 09:10 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD