Apple iPhone 5 (5G): Concept Images and Specifications

alviataylor

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
The first Concept images of Iphone 5 or iphone 5G has been revealed and shows how the device is going to be.

As reported from RedmondPie, this image of an iPhone 5 prototype has been created courtesy of the guys over at German website Handyflash. The phone really looks awesome and i?d be great if we can see it in WWDC 2011.

The design has been slimed down further and made of thin LED TV, Now come the specs which includes 4G download speeds of up to 100Mbps, an enhanced Retina Display Screen with added Backlight feature, 10.2 megapixel camera and a new generation battery too.

Now if we can only see the 3D function in it it would really rocks.

Images here: Apple iPhone 5 (5G): Concept Images and Specifications

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
if only.... odds are te 5th gen will do for the IP4 what the 3GS did to the 3G

I agree. There probably won't be as many changes as going from 3GS to i4. The most likely changes are going to be faster or dual core processor on a smaller manufacturing process to maintain battery life. There might be other small additions, but most likely the physical design will remain either unchained or very similar.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
they might put something on the death touch spot to prevent the reappearance of the antenna-gate press but other its going to be same glass and steel.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
That prototype pic is exactly what I do. Ot want to see for the next iPhone. Too thin!

Plus I think the 3G to 3GS upgrad was more than significant. It looked the same but under the hood? That baby was a whole new phone!

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would be very, very disappointed in Apple if they made another 3GS like phone. I really hope Apple takes a few notes from this youtube video about the new HTC Sense. Ignore the phone, and the UI but concentrate on the features it adds and tell me that wouldn't be amazing to have on a iPhone.

Watch.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
ill be happy with just about anything Apple throws at me because i know it will always be something better then before

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ill be happy with just about anything Apple throws at me because i know it will always be something better then before

The iPhone 3GS was my first iPhone that being said, if my first iPhone would have been the 3G, I wouldn't have upgraded to the 3GS. The only thing the 3GS added was a lame compass, and a faster processor.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Dudes, let's stop comparing iPhone 5 to 3GS. It's really annoying. The 3GS looked the same because Steve Jobs was sick. That's why the nano, iPod touch, and many other products also had zero physical changes. Think about it.

Anyway, that mockup is terrible. They didn't even think to use an iOS 4 screenshot...

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Dudes, let's stop comparing iPhone 5 to 3GS. It's really annoying. The 3GS looked the same because Steve Jobs was sick. That's why the nano, iPod touch, and many other products also had zero physical changes. Think about it.

Anyway, that mockup is terrible. They didn't even think to use an iOS 4 screenshot...

he might have been sick but isn't Jonny ives incharge of design?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
he might have been sick but isn't Jonny ives incharge of design?

Jony Ive is in charge of design, but changes have to be approved by Steve Jobs. He is highly involved in the design of each device, and he was very, very sick, so I imagine he made a conscious decision ahead of time to keep the design for that year.

@MsEye

HTC actually copied a few things from iOS in their new Sense revision... And there really isn't much new in it to be honest. I'm not a hater btw, I absolutely love HTC. They were the first (after Apple) to really put out high quality, beautiful smartphones with good UI. However HTC devices are still not iPhones.. Anyone who owns an iPhone 4 and has used HTC's Sense UI will know what I mean. There are so many little UI cracks in Android and Sense UI that I just can't take it. I know it seems dramatic but really, Samsung's TouchWiz is much better-implemented (though less attractive on face level), but still not iOS...

Apple's UI is literally as close as any UI could be to being PERFECTED. Sense UI has some nice little widgets and such, but it's not close to iOS in terms of perfection...

As usual with iOS devices, they don't do everything that other things may do, but what they do *do*, they do better than anything else.

Last edited:

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Jony Ive is in charge of design, but changes have to be approved by Steve Jobs. He is highly involved in the design of each device, and he was very, very sick, so I imagine he made a conscious decision ahead of time to keep the design for that year.

i think even after a liver transplant he can spit out some ideas and approve a design but i dont know i didn't mind the internal upgrade only

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i think even after a liver transplant he can spit out some ideas and approve a design but i dont know i didn't mind the internal upgrade only

I hated the 3G design since it was released (though it did look good in white), but the 3GS was a VERY satisfactory update to me. The camera was a huge improvement, speed was an even bigger improvement, compass was helpful, battery life was improved, etc. etc..

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Too thin. How are you gonna hold a phone that thin. There is a point where it becomes more of a novelty than a useful feature... Pathetic mockup IMO.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i think sadly that he believed this to be a real story about the next iPhone, sorry mate Apple is a lot more secretive then that. Short of the 5th gen getting left in a bar we wont see it till it comes out next year

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73