New notifications are coming,
    Live wallpaper: have you ever actually used this on an Android phone? It lags every time you return to the home screen. It's extremely annoying IMO and Apple won't do it until it can be done much better.
    Possibly a better camera next gen but the current one is really awesome IMO. 8MP won't make it any better it will just make the pictures bigger, so I'm hoping Apple doesn't go to 8MP.
    iPad is slow compared to iPhone 4 actually.
    Design will definitely be different to escape the stigma of the current design.

Oh and social feeds in the caller ID.. That's ridiculous. So much unneeded complication. How often do you stare at the screen before you answer your phone? Never. Social news feed updates while on speaker phone with someone (or using headphones), that would be useful.
    What android have you used that lags with a live wallpaper? I have had multiple and none of them lagged with android. I think they are overrated though all they do is drain battery faster. And 8mp could make it better if they changed the sensor for a more higher end sensor.
    09-05-2011 12:08 AM
    What android have you used that lags with a live wallpaper? I have had multiple and none of them lagged with android. I think they are overrated though all they do is drain battery faster. And 8mp could make it better if they changed the sensor for a more higher end sensor.
    Every one I have used lags with live wallpaper. I was playing with the Galaxy S2 yesterday and it did the same thing.

Go ahead, use a normal wallpaper and then flip through screens as well and scroll through the app drawer.

Then do the same with a live wallpaper. There is a noticeable slowdown. This bothers some people and not others though. It used to drive me crazy on my Atrix to the point that I would not use a LWP.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b7 using Tapatalk.
    09-05-2011 01:16 AM
    Every one I have used lags with live wallpaper. I was playing with the Galaxy S2 yesterday and it did the same thing.

Go ahead, use a normal wallpaper and then flip through screens as well and scroll through the app drawer.

Then do the same with a live wallpaper. There is a noticeable slowdown. This bothers some people and not others though. It used to drive me crazy on my Atrix to the point that I would not use a LWP.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b7 using Tapatalk.
    Seriously. Every. Single. One of them.

I have never seen an Android phone that doesn't. I was truly shocked to see that the S2 still has this issue. But it's just one of those things that Android users will just not notice/not care/pretend it's not true. lol
    09-05-2011 01:38 AM
    Jony Ive is in charge of design, but changes have to be approved by Steve Jobs. He is highly involved in the design of each device, and he was very, very sick, so I imagine he made a conscious decision ahead of time to keep the design for that year.

@MsEye

HTC actually copied a few things from iOS in their new Sense revision... And there really isn't much new in it to be honest. I'm not a hater btw, I absolutely love HTC. They were the first (after Apple) to really put out high quality, beautiful smartphones with good UI. However HTC devices are still not iPhones.. Anyone who owns an iPhone 4 and has used HTC's Sense UI will know what I mean. There are so many little UI cracks in Android and Sense UI that I just can't take it. I know it seems dramatic but really, Samsung's TouchWiz is much better-implemented (though less attractive on face level), but still not iOS...

Apple's UI is literally as close as any UI could be to being PERFECTED. Sense UI has some nice little widgets and such, but it's not close to iOS in terms of perfection...

As usual with iOS devices, they don't do everything that other things may do, but what they do *do*, they do better than anything else.
    what may i ask does sense 3.0 steal from ios that wasn't already on sense 1.0 back on windows mobile 6.5 you know before ios? and what cracks are in it i havent seen any.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-06-2011 10:33 PM
    what may i ask does sense 3.0 steal from ios that wasn't already on sense 1.0 back on windows mobile 6.5 you know before ios? and what cracks are in it i havent seen any.
    You can't ask that here everyone will get on you because apple invented everything.
    /s
    09-06-2011 10:50 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD