Will the iphone 5 have 4G technology ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
s-APPLE-IPHONE-NEWS-large300.jpg

Is Apple planning to make the iphone 5 support 3G and 4G services?

Yes they are According to Ashok Kumara (a analyst at Rodman & Renshaw). In a report on monday he stated :

Apples iphone 5 " will be Apple first iphone to support LTE , " or Long Term Evolution , which is begin marketed as a 4G Technology ..

This would also coincide with the time frame that John Stankey( AT&T Operations CEO) recently revealed . Speaking at a Bank of America conference the Operations Officer explained that AT&T is planning to roll out its first LTE network by the beginning of summer 2011. So it looks like it is possible we might see 4G on iphone 5 . AT&T believes it can cover between 70 and 75 million POPs (points of presence) by the end of 2011 . Stankey said that AT&T needs to continue to evolve its UMTS/HSPA network so that LTE-equipped devices can make phone calls. By itself LTE does not support traditional voice calls .

Ashok Kumar also stated that Apple will switch suppliers for silicon chip-sets . He expects that Qualcomm will supply Apple with a CDMA chip for a future Verizon iphone , and for the iphone 5 . The current iphone's 3G chip supplier is Infineon. The next iphone will likely use a two-chip modem , allowing the company to create 3G and 4G products according to Kumar..

It is begin said that iphone's competition is going to really heat up in 2011. Taiwanese and Chinese competitors are rumored to be getting ready to launch a bunch of different iphone knockoffs running Android .. Kumar stated "the price points on these knockoffs is said to be around $150 US.. Some of these vendors will attempt to leapfrog the iphone through innovations such as larger or better screen, longer battery life, and much more memory." It will be interesting to see if any of these knockoffs can really compare to the real deal .

So is next year too soon for a 4G iphone on At&T ? Please feel free to sound off in the comments .

source
[ CNET ]

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope so!

lol

Way to dig in the trash... this thread was almost 3 years old... and was laying dormant until you decided to revive it... BTW, the iPhone 5 has been out for almost a year, so answering the OP question should be easy...

SMH

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Way to dig in the trash... this thread was almost 3 years old... and was laying dormant until you decided to revive it... BTW, the iPhone 5 has been out for almost a year, so answering the OP question should be easy...

SMH

:D Slow day at work. Take it tissy'. :D Enjoy the day. It's awfully cruddy here in Oregon. Middle of summer and it's raining... Sigh.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

SMH

Threads this old should be locked I highly doubt they are still looking for a answer after 3 years

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Threads this old should be locked I highly doubt they are still looking for a answer after 3 years

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

They might!

Seriously though, I know they were not. Sitting here in the station. No calls except for our normal homeless guy that calls 911 and dispatches us to his corner to tell us that his heart hurts.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you to all those who participated here. This thread being long outdated will now come to a close. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox