My iPhone 4S lists GMT time not BST MY IPAD air has changed over correctly I sync both with iCloud, anyone?

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 4S lists GMT time not BST MY IPAD air has changed over correctly I sync both with icloud

I use outlook calendar and sync my iPhone 4s and MySpace air with iCloud. Today on changing to BST iPad has changed correctly. However iPhone 4 S lists time as GMT ie. My 8 am appt. is listed as 7am when I click on appt. it says 8 am bst and also 7am gmt.
This is not acceptable as Iam making appt all the time with my phone.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Which versions of iOS are involved? Did you check your location, date/time settings etc? There are a few places in the world which actually use GMT all year so it could be some settingn is pointing to one of these.

For the benefit of our non-UK readers, BST is daylight saving here in UK. That means 8am(BST) is actually 7am(GMT) so the device is simply displaying the same appointment in both formats, with and without daylight saving. Confusing, but the two times actually mean the same thing.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Which versions of iOS are involved? Did you check your location, date/time settings etc? There are a few places in the world which actually use GMT all year so it could be some settingn is pointing to one of these.

For the benefit of our non-UK readers, BST is daylight saving here in UK. That means 8am(BST) is actually 7am(GMT) so the device is simply displaying the same appointment in both formats, with and without daylight saving. Confusing, but the two times actually mean the same thing.

So how would a Brit make sure that only one time is displayed across multiple iDevices? Check to make sure that all iDevices are getting their times from the network?