iPhone 4S won't connect to wifi

barrington_jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S that stopped connecting to wifi. The option is greyed out. For a while, it would occasionally come back on for a few hours, but now it has stopped working completely. Is there a fix for this? and if not, how do I get things like contacts, calendars, notes etc to sync across devices without wifi access.

Thanks in advance for your help.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S that stopped connecting to wifi. The option is greyed out. For a while, it would occasionally come back on for a few hours, but now it has stopped working completely. Is there a fix for this? and if not, how do I get things like contacts, calendars, notes etc to sync across devices without wifi access.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Couple suggestions for you to try. Try rebooting your phone first. Hold Power & Home button at the same time till you see the Apple Logo. If that does not work, try Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Hopefully this will get it working for you again.

HinoMusouka

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Are you sure this is your iPhone and not Wifi (does your laptop, iPad or other device have any similar issues)?
If so you can either try upgrade to new iOS 9.3 (btw, what iOS version are you on?) or use iTunes to restore iOS on the phone, but that of course means loosing data. And I believe (but don't catch me on this) that your data still syncs with mobile network data when WiFi is not available. Maybe somebody will prove me wrong, but it should just work if you have Settings > iCloud turned on. Also make sure than in Settings > Mobile data you have (at the bottom of the page) sync for appropriate apps turned on (like Notes, Mail, etc.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73