Why does my battery drain so fast?

I

iMore Question

Why does my battery drain so fast

I have an IPhone 4s and recently it has been draining the battery very quickly. I have fitted a new battery but the problem remains.
Now I have noticed on the start screen (before sliding to unlock) an icon showing a camera in the bottom right hand side of the screen which indicates to me that somehow the camera is working in the background. Am not sure if this contributes to the battery problem but I would like to know what it means and how to get rid of it. Any advice would be appreciated. Regards Alan

Nickkk101

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does my battery drain so fast

I have an IPhone 4s and recently it has been draining the battery very quickly. I have fitted a new battery but the problem remains.
Now I have noticed on the start screen (before sliding to unlock) an icon showing a camera in the bottom right hand side of the screen which indicates to me that somehow the camera is working in the background. Am not sure if this contributes to the battery problem but I would like to know what it means and how to get rid of it. Any advice would be appreciated. Regards Alan

The camera icon in the bottom right indicates a quick swipe access to use the camera without unlocking the device. It's not removable afaik but it doesn't indicate cam is running in the background. I'm quite new to ios, but i'm pretty sure the above is correct.

PoisonMaps

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site

The camera icon is just a shortcut to unlocking the phone into camera mode, which you can do by swiping the button upwards. It is always there so probably isn't the reason for your battery issues.

Are you running iOS9? If so then go to the Settings / Battery screen and it will show a list of which apps are using most battery life, which may help solve the problem.

Alternatively it could be that the new battery isn't very good. I upgraded a 4S using a cheap one from Amazon and it didn't make much difference from my fading original battery. I assume that an Apple one would be better but it was a lot more expensive.

Hope this helps.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

The camera icon at the bottom has been there for a while ... It's just a quick access to the camera function knowing that many people use the camera frequently.

If you merely replaced the battery but kept all your apps, settings, etc there could be an app that is running in the background causing the issue. You can try quitting all your apps (how to do so depends on your iOS version but start by double clicking your home button and either tap and hold until the app icons in the switcher start to wiggle or on more recent version iOS 9 you would swipe up). A brute force option would be to restore as new and add apps back in one by one.

The other issue is the battery could be an issue. Is it a certified battery? The correct one for your device? Is it a used battery that may be end-of-life?

Alan298

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Hi thanks for your reply. The phone is working with iOS 9. I have swiped up as you suggest and the only icon lit up is the wifi one. However there was a song playing although I have not put any songs on this phone. There were 4 songs available and all had an Australian theme. As I live in Australia I am wondering they were put there by Apple music. I have stopped the songs from playing and will see if this affects the battery life

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

You could also check in Settings\Battery\Battery Usage to see what app(s) are using the most system resources, and in turn consuming battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro