It is an extremely easy process to wipe an iPhone 4s. However, at a point in the process I am asked to enter a password. When I do, after a bit of wait, a message tells me that, "There was an error connecting to iCloud." and gives the options to cancel or try again. Of course, I keep selecting "try again" and trying various passwords I might have used years ago but to no avail. Any suggestions?
    07-17-2015 11:17 AM
    It is an extremely easy process to wipe an iPhone 4s. However, at a point in the process I am asked to enter a password. When I do, after a bit of wait, a message tells me that, "There was an error connecting to iCloud." and gives the options to cancel or try again. Of course, I keep selecting "try again" and trying various passwords I might have used years ago but to no avail. Any suggestions?
    Have you tried resetting the phone? Hold the Home and Power buttons down until you see the Apple logo. Then let the phone restart.

You can also use the link (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid) to reset the login.
    07-17-2015 11:35 AM
    Thank you - just got home. Yes, I have reset the phone without effect. I will try the website snd let you know.

Later - No luck at website. Went through password reset for about the fourth or fifth time and also verified, again, an alternate email. I continue to get the same message - that there was an error connecting to iCloud
    Last edited by doctorpatg; 07-18-2015 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Followed up with visit to website suggested.
    07-17-2015 11:18 PM