How can I transfer data from a 4s to another 4s, without knowing the passwords?

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Need new 4s for mil w/dementia

I have just ordered an iPhone 4s to replace the one my Mother in law uses. She is 80 with dementia and will need to replace her current 4s.
Upgrading is out of the question as any change is traumatic. Her husband passed 3 years ago and with him, her apple passwords.
She lives with us now. Her address on all records is the same as mine.
Does anyone think I can take both phones to Apple and have them swap without knowing her passwords? That is, can they clone her hard drive to a new phone?

Her original 4s works fine, but has been dropped so many times that the back is only held to the phone on one side only and is pushed away from the back more than an 1/8 of an inch. A case will no longer stay on.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need new 4s for mil w/dementia

I would visit, not call, your local Apple store--if that is possible--and explain your situation. That way, they can let you know if this is a valid option . . . and if you need any type of paperwork.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need new 4s for mil w/dementia

I will do that for sure when I receive the new phone. I am pretty well known there as I've purchased several items and a computer in store, and with AppleCare on most purchases. They are a friendly and helpful bunch. Thanks for that suggestion.
I do like to drop by that store just to check things out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2