Do I need a new digitizer?

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I got the screen of my niece's iPhone 4s fix today and now the top half of the screen doesn't work. She can scroll and swipe the bottom half just fine but when she tries to swipe from the top half nothing happens. It's weird because when it was cracked and missing glass it worked just fine. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the screen of my niece's iPhone 4s fix today and now the top half of the screen doesn't work. She can scroll and swipe the bottom half just fine but when she tries to swipe from the top half nothing happens. It's weird because when it was cracked and missing glass it worked just fine. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Did you fix the screen or did you have it fixed by a repair person? If the latter, I recommend you take it back and demand that they do it right. Anyway, if you'd like, you can read the iMore DIY (do it yourself) tutorial on how to replace the screen of an iPhone 4S. It is possible that something was not put back together correctly with your Niece's iPhone.

http://www.imore.com/how-replace-cracked-screen-iphone-4s

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes. That sounds like a digitizer issue. If you did it yourself you may want to seek out professional help.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk