I am fixing up an IPhone to sell and wonder, while I am replacing the screen, home button, and a few other things, should I replace the home button and vibrator. This is an IPhone 4s Sprint unlocked and was on a T-Mobile network. I want to sell it as seller refurbished. I am new to IPhones and am not sure how strong the vibrator is supposed to be. It seems a little on the weak side to other phones I have held and wonder if it might not be going bad. The power button works fine but I know they are common to go bad. If I replace the power button and vibrator will I recuperate the extra $7 that I spent when I go to sell it? Thanks.

God bless,
    Caleb Jefferies
    02-26-2015 11:23 AM
    That depends on you and the buyer. Being that it is an iPhone 4S and is on it's last leg, so to speak, in regard to Apple support, you may or may not benefit from replacing the power button and vibrator, especially if they are not currently faulty. Just be somewhat reasonable in your expectations with a device that debuted in 2011. The buyer will be...
    02-26-2015 12:03 PM
    IMO, the vibrator doesn't need to be particularly strong. It's hard on the battery. I don't even use the vibrator on my iP 5.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)
    02-26-2015 12:13 PM
    I just replaced the cracked screen on a 4s for my daughter. While I had it apart, I dropped a new battery in it for her since it was still running the original battery. However, if I were selling it, I would not have incurred the cost of the new battery as I'd be afraid I wouldn't recoup the cost.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    02-26-2015 12:27 PM
    What do you guys think this phone is worth?
    02-26-2015 08:55 PM