Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I'm hoping to get some answers about my Iphone camera. I purchased this phone back in June, and I've never had a problem with it until it recently took a dive into a cup of water while I was at work.
    After sitting in a bag of rice for a few days, it finally revived itself. And everything is perfectly fine, except for the rear camera. It works, it still takes pictures, but it freezes constantly, especially when it tries to focus on something, which it does not focus at all. I've tried tapping it, I've tried cleaning the lens, I've reset my phone and updated it to 8.3 as well. Nothing worked. I'm wondering if when I had the backing off, and it was in the rice if maybe some rice dust got into the camera, or is interfering with something.
    The front camera works fine, but I'm very disappointed about the rear camera, since that is the camera I use the most, and I loved the quality of photos it use to take.
    I've been reading some stuff online, and I'm wondering if purchasing a new camera will solve this issue. I am skeptical because I don't want to do more harm than good, and I want the camera to have the same high quality as the original camera.
    Is there any other way I can fix the camera myself, without having to replace it?
    02-03-2015 07:19 AM
    The full damage caused by water can sometimes take a while to materialize, and that is what I suspect in your situation. Did you purchased AppleCare+? If so, use it and get a replacement device. Alternatively, you can try repairing / replacing the camera yourself via a DIY instructions but what if the damages is deeper than that? You might want to consider replacing the device.
    02-03-2015 07:56 AM
    I still haven't had any problems with the phone, and the camera is slowly starting to get better. It freezes less everyday, but it still won't focus. And unfortunately I don't have any kind of protection on it. But thankfully the 4s' are pretty cheap now.
    02-07-2015 08:53 AM
    Probably best just to get a new phone. How in the world did it get into a cup or water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-07-2015 09:08 AM
    So replacing the camera wouldn't help at all? I have 4 months left on my contract... there's no point in getting a new phone when I can just upgrade in 4 months.
    02-09-2015 02:28 PM
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+...placement/7112
    Replacing the camera may help but it could be some other type of damage that causes the camera to freeze.
    If you successfully replace the camera and it continues to freeze what then?
    Maybe you can do a early upgrade since you are 4 months away from your normal upgrade. Contact your carrier and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-09-2015 02:56 PM