Why won't my iPhone 4s update/restore?

Peter Beavan

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
IPhone 4s will not update/restore

Hi
Im looking for some to walk me thru the process of hopefully getting this phone to work, I have little knowledge of its former days but believe it has been jailbroken, I can see the phone in itunes and can get into dfu mode but itunes will not touch it throwing out a consistent error 21 on trying to update or restore.I have looked at various how tos but see a lot of contradiction and thats why I'm looking for almost 1 to 1 help.

Many thanks in anticipation

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: IPhone 4s will not update/restore

Make sure the cable you're using is good... and you're using a USB port on the computer as opposed to using a hub... check the computer's hosts file for any references to Apple.com - remove any you might find and reboot the computer... Make sure your iTunes is up to date...

Peter Beavan

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
Many thanks for the quick response,I have tried several different leads and several different pc's,including an apple mac mini? I tunes is latest version and my hosts file is clean,firewall and anti virus were disabled during attempts to restore.
It is a port not a hub that I try with.

Thx

Peter Beavan

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Hi

a couple off add ons here 1.when trying the restore in pwned dfu and dfu the waiting for iphone appears and the phone seems to lose connection,I say this because of usb disconnect noise from pc and the fact that apple mobile device disappears from device manager. 2.itunes sees the device when plugged in and reports that it needs to restore but the apple diagnostic does not see the phone.

Thx

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711