As the topic says, I've put my old Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) for sale, but only got 2 offers:
    1. Exchange it for a used iPhone 4S (assuming good status as the owner claims)
    2. Sell for only about 166$ - the only other offer I have currently
    3. Keep it?

What do you guys think?
    At work two guys who still have the 4S, say its slow, and lagging.. they show me how opening up WhatsApp or Facebook takes 5 secs easily.
    I have very similar problem with my Note - its very slow, formatting is not helping, once I install everything back...

What do you think? is there any chance the 4S would not be lagging? Enough to allow a 7 year old to play, watch YouTube without lag? He currently uses my wife's old Galaxy S.
    I have the new OnePlus One.

I am mostly debating taking the money, or taking the phone (if its in good condition..)
    09-10-2014 08:58 AM
    If it were --> me <--, I'd sell the Note, take the $166 and then go and purchase an iPhone 5C or a 5S for the 7 year old. I would not get the 4S at this point in time, especially when the 5S is now $99 on contract.
    09-10-2014 10:09 AM
    What if I am not in the US? And there are no contracts possible? What would your suggestion be?
    09-10-2014 10:17 AM
    What if I am not in the US? And there are no contracts possible? What would your suggestion be?
    You said that the device will be for a 7 year old to play games and watch YouTube videos, right? Video lag, for the most part, will depend on your internet connection. If the child can already do those things with your current device, why not just use it? Just enabled all of the parental controls that's available on it, if applicable, and let the kid have it. I don't see the logic in swapping it out for device that could have internal damages you may be unaware of, but that's Just Me, D.
    09-10-2014 10:35 AM
    I think you are right.. probably best to take the second offer and sell it, then decide if, and what to take.

Thanks for getting me off the idea!
    09-11-2014 03:23 AM