Random reboots

raysivley

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I am getting random reboots....who can tell me how to fix it. I have already wiped and reinstalled the OS once.

thanks.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1409886714.762609.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Could you add anymore info about what is going on? Does it happen when the battery is low? Have you calibrated the battery by letting it run down to 1% then charging it up to 100% without using it while charging? Do that, and after you reach 100%, let it continue to charge another hour. It sounds like the battery is shutting the phone down at too high a %. A restore should have fixed it. Did you restore from a back up or as new? You may need to restore as a new phone. You would need to put all those photos and videos somewhere first. Apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive are great for storing photos and videos. Back up your contacts in Google contacts or somewhere. Good luck!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just because you reinstalled iOS, you could have also reinstalled the problem if you restored from a backup. My guess would be a rogue setting that is causing the random reboots, but I can't say for certain. I recommend you erase all contents and settings and then set up the device as new.

raysivley

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, it started doing it a few days ago. The only thing I can figure is it started about the same time I downloaded the Gas Buddy app. I have just deleted the app from my phone. I'm hoping that's a step in the right direction

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, it started doing it a few days ago. The only thing I can figure is it started about the same time I downloaded the Gas Buddy app. I have just deleted the app from my phone. I'm hoping that's a step in the right direction

I have the Gas Buddy app installed on my iPhone 5 running iOS 8 beta 5 without any issues or random reboots. Anyway, if the random reboots continues, restore and setup as new.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2