Used phone still has number programmed.

SW5

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a used U.S. Cellular iPhone 4s from a one of their stores, it was a return for their "15 day return policy" in which if you don't like your phone, you can return it within 15 days. It was dirt cheap, only $150 for a basically brand new phone. Only catch, it still has the previous owner's phone number on it. Will I still be able to add this phone to my plan this weekend?
P.S. Excuse me if there is an obvious error in my knowledge, I am new to the vast world of smartphones.

Thanks!

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
CDMA phones almost always retain the original phone number in their memory after they have been activated.
There are extra steps you can take to remove that info but the general wiping wont remove it.
I have seen this with HTC, Motorola, Blackberry, Samsung and many others. Its normal.
Because of the nature of CDMA programming it has to have some number in there. When it was brand new the number was 000-000-0000 or 0001.
As long as it was cleared from the original users account you will be able to add it to your account.
After you add it to your account it will then re-provision your info into the phone and all should be good.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Best way to erase any of the previous network settings is by contacting the carrier and finding out the iPhone code.

I know for Boost Mobile it is ##873283# then the call button. It'll set it back to 000-000-0001 as if it's new.

You can also go under settings > general > reset > reset network settings.

Sent from another beautiful blue using Tapatalk Pro.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like US Cellular didn't do something correct on their end. You shouldn't have someone else's number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thejasonhowell

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like US Cellular didn't do something correct on their end. You shouldn't have someone else's number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an old VZW 4s that still shows my phone number, even though I can't make normal calls with it.

I'm pretty sure once the OP take it to where they want to go, and it's got a clean ESN, then she should be fine.

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2