This started two updates ago, and I thought the last update would fix it, but it doesn't. The screen won't rotate for photos, calendar, or safari. The "lock" button doesn't change anything. I've done a hard reset (holding down Power and Home) a few times, and a restore to factory default, and none of that works. The compass works great, other apps that involve sensing that the phone is rotating work fine, just not the iPhone Apple apps. Any ideas? On the factory reset, I put all my data back on before checking the rotation. Is it worth trying again?
    06-05-2014 03:01 PM
    This started two updates ago, and I thought the last update would fix it, but it doesn't. The screen won't rotate for photos, calendar, or safari. The "lock" button doesn't change anything. I've done a hard reset (holding down Power and Home) a few times, and a restore to factory default, and none of that works. The compass works great, other apps that involve sensing that the phone is rotating work fine, just not the iPhone Apple apps. Any ideas? On the factory reset, I put all my data back on before checking the rotation. Is it worth trying again?
    Welcome to iMore!!

This issue seems pretty odd. Are you jailbroken or running a beta? And you definitely made sure the lock rotation was unlocked?
    06-05-2014 03:15 PM
    It is definitely not jailbroken. I've had it from day one, and have only installed the updates when they push them to my phone. The lock rotation is definitely not on. I've tried to look through all the different settings, and I can't find anything that would help. I've even tried putting the lock ON to see if it will then rotate, but that had no effect. I was hoping to find someone who'd run into the same problem. Perhaps the different apps use different hardware to determine rotation of the phone? Only the iPhone apps use the gyroscope? Not sure, not my area of expertise. Maybe I just need to take it into the store and see if they can help.
    06-05-2014 08:19 PM