Hey guys!

Ever since I got my iPhone, I noticed the earpiece volume being extremely low. Is it just dirty, is it busted or is that normal? Headphone volume is fine.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KAY ATCHISON likes this.
    05-16-2014 07:30 PM
    Hey guys!

Ever since I got my iPhone, I noticed the earpiece volume being extremely low. Is it just dirty, is it busted or is that normal? Headphone volume is fine.

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by "earpiece"? You say it's low, then say the headphone is fine. To me they are the same thing. Headphones and earpiece=EarPods, Earbuds, headsets, etc. Please clarify.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    05-16-2014 07:40 PM
    Hey guys!

Thanks in advance!

Yes I am going g to have to agree that there is more info needed here to tell us just what you mean.
    If you mean the earpiece that is against your ear to hear it could be anything including the volumn turned down. Have you looked under every seething including the external volumn buttons to make sure they are turned up all the way for more sound? Have you gone into settings and check all possible sound settings there to make sure that they are turned to max level or louder for you? I would do all this and or get back to us. Then and let us know.
    Lastly what model of phone like 4 or 4S or 5S etc. we might then be able to help unless you find something. Good luck!
    05-16-2014 08:02 PM
    05-16-2014 08:19 PM
    Yes I am going g to have to agree that there is more info needed here to tell us just what you mean.
    If you mean the earpiece that is against your ear to hear it could be anything including the volumn turned down. Have you looked under every seething including the external volumn buttons to make sure they are turned up all the way for more sound? Have you gone into settings and check all possible sound settings there to make sure that they are turned to max level or louder for you? I would do all this and or get back to us. Then and let us know.
    Lastly what model of phone like 4 or 4S or 5S etc. we might then be able to help unless you find something. Good luck!
    It's a 4S. With earpiece, I mean the speaker you hold to your ear while calling. I am 100% certain the volume is turned all the way up.

KAY ATCHISON likes this.
    05-17-2014 08:32 AM
    That option isn't there for me :s

05-17-2014 08:35 AM
    Hey guys!

Thanks in advance!

Does the earpiece look dirty? Does it sound out of the ordinary (crackling huge distortion, etc)? Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if the issue improves? During a call, try moving the volume up and down. Does the issue improve? Does it sound muffled?
    05-19-2014 02:43 PM
    Does the earpiece look dirty? Does it sound out of the ordinary (crackling huge distortion, etc)? Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if the issue improves? During a call, try moving the volume up and down. Does the issue improve? Does it sound muffled?
    It sounds kind of hollow, and no sign of low tones. Speaker looks clean, I tried sucking it (advice I found on Google). Rebooting or pressing the volume buttons doesn't seem to work :/

05-19-2014 02:45 PM
    It sounds kind of hollow, and no sign of low tones. Speaker looks clean, I tried sucking it (advice I found on Google). Rebooting or pressing the volume buttons doesn't seem to work :/

Ah, then it seems broken. It shouldn't sound hollow. You have the option of sending it to Apple for repair, but I recommend using a local repair service. It's usually much cheaper to use a local option than having Apple repair it. Good luck with your phone!
    OrbitualNoob likes this.
    05-19-2014 02:49 PM
    Ah, then it seems broken. It shouldn't sound hollow. You have the option of sending it to Apple for repair, but I recommend using a local repair service. It's usually much cheaper to use a local option than having Apple repair it. Good luck with your phone!
    Thanks! Will try local repair

05-19-2014 02:49 PM