iOS 7.1.1 why upgrading with Itunes takes such a long time?

kar120c

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
When possible I upgrade my phone using iTunes instead than OTA. But, why a 16mb 7.1.1 upgrade should take more than 1 hour using Itunes and cable connections?
Ok, Itunes Always does a backup but this is done at the end of the upgrade process and 45 minutes after the beginning
With OTA upgrading I think that no more than 10/15 minutes are necessary to complete the task.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When you updTe OTA it only downloads the files in the OS that change... via iTunes downloads a complete version of the iOS.

kar120c

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Tnx, so I think it is better to load a fresh copy of the whole firmare, but, how iTunes preserves my data without loading a backup during this process? I think iTunes updatesa are Always better than OTA, right?
When you updTe OTA it only downloads the files in the OS that change... via iTunes downloads a complete version of the iOS.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Tnx, so I think it is better to load a fresh copy of the whole firmare, but, how iTunes preserves my data without loading a backup during this process? I think iTunes updatesa are Always better than OTA, right?

Yes. iTunes updates are ALWAYS better than OTA.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I always update OTA, and I've never had a problem.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
OTA is usually fine... if you have issues, you can always restore via iTunes... Which does a full back-up and as a part of the process...the back-up gets restored, and all content re-syncs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner