Iphone 4S Texting Problem

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My son has a 4s I have the 5 and recently he is unable to receive text messages from me. He can send and receive to everyone else and he can send a text message to me (and I receive it when he sends it) but when I reply he never gets it. It's had been working fine for over 18months and now suddenly he can not receive texts from me. Nothing has been done that we are aware of to change the phone, no updates or anything. Any help would be great! Thanks

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My son has a 4s I have the 5 and recently he is unable to receive text messages from me. He can send and receive to everyone else and he can send a text message to me (and I receive it when he sends it) but when I reply he never gets it. It's had been working fine for over 18months and now suddenly he can not receive texts from me. Nothing has been done that we are aware of to change the phone, no updates or anything. Any help would be great! Thanks

Is it possible that you're trying to send him an iMessage and he's sending it as a text or the other way around?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try the following, and test your send & receive capabilities after performing each item.

1. Reboot your device.
2. Sign out of iMessage and then sign back in.
3. Go to Settings - General -Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings".
4. If he is a teenager, definitely check to see if he blocked your number by going to Settings - Messages - Blocked, and then checking the listing on HIS phone.

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Try the following, and test your send & receive capabilities after performing each item.

1. Reboot your device.
2. Sign out of iMessage and then sign back in.
3. Go to Settings - General -Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings".
4. If he is a teenager, definitely check to see if he blocked your number by going to Settings - Messages - Blocked and checking the listing on HIS phone.

LOL #4. :D

inkydew

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Followed all the instructions (power off, network setting, turn off/on imessage). Still cannot send text message to only two phone numbers. All the others are fine. I get an error message as follows:

+1 (1) (216) 116-11 error invalid number. please resend using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code..

Even the APPLE store employees were stumped today! :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i get this all the time with different numbers in my phone - nobody seems to have any answers - it sucks

What problem would that be, and being that your username is "hateiphone", I am assuming you're using a different phone because it would be foolish to keep using a phone you hate unless, of course, you're seeking attention...;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711