Hey guys is there any way to get a lock on our ios apps like facebook whatsapp etc. to secure from our friends nd all without jailbreaking ? Or any rumours about upcoming features on our new ios 7.2 or ios 8.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-13-2014 02:52 PM
    Not without jail breaking your device
    04-13-2014 03:50 PM
    Hey guys is there any way to get a lock on our ios apps like facebook whatsapp etc. to secure from our friends nd all without jailbreaking ? Or any rumours about upcoming features on our new ios 7.2 or ios 8.

Does logging out of Facebook not work?

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    04-13-2014 05:30 PM

What about a passcode on the phone ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    04-13-2014 05:32 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to lock apps outside of jailbreaking. There are apps that have a built-in lock mechanism like Dropbox, Evernote, Documents 5 by Readdle and DataVAult, to name a few. Anyway, as has already been suggested, a passcode lock for your device is your best bet.
    04-14-2014 09:54 AM
    Passcode for iphone will not work just imagine i am downloading something and suddenly my mom take my phone she will be able to see all my chats and whatsapp too..

04-16-2014 08:02 AM
    Passcode for iphone will not work just imagine i am downloading something and suddenly my mom take my phone she will be able to see all my chats and whatsapp too..

Assuming that you are a minor, your parents have every right to see what's on your phone. Don't download, post, text, etc anything you don't want them to see.
    taz323 likes this.
    04-16-2014 08:23 AM
    Even if there was away, do think they would let you keep the phone after you put a lock on it to keep them out.
    04-16-2014 08:29 AM
    Thnkew guysz for such awsome suggestions. But there are any chamce of getting app lock in ios 8?

04-16-2014 02:58 PM
    Thnkew guysz for such awsome suggestions. But there are any chamce of getting app lock in ios 8?

I doubt apple would implement that feature but you can alwAys offer them feedback on their website.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    04-16-2014 05:15 PM
    Assuming that you are a minor, your parents have every right to see what's on your phone. Don't download, post, text, etc anything you don't want them to see.
    What an ******* kind of a reply.
    Every person has a private life in which no one else is supposed to put an eye not even his/her parents.

You should better jailbreak your device for locking your social applications.
    10-24-2016 07:55 PM
    Every person has a private life in which no one else is supposed to put an eye not even his/her parents.

Actually, she's absolutely right.
    10-24-2016 07:59 PM

1. The post you replied to is 2 years old.
    2. The reply she gave was a darn good one and made sense, especially to those of us who are parents. I'm one of those parents who have told my kids, that as long as they are in my house and being cared for by me, they don't have exclusive privacy. Lock the door on me and I'll remove the door altogether. Yeah, I'm one of those parents...
    3. Your Jailbreaking response is a good one. Thank you.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-24-2016 08:29 PM