iPhone 4s Performance improvements with iOS 7.1 ????

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So I have a JB on my 7.0.4 4s,and I am only gonna lose it if the performance improvements are good as I have Reduce Motion Enabled with increase contrast enabled (which disables tranparency) because otherwise my phone will stutter occassionaly b/w animations which is annoying for me...So how much improvement 7.1 has over 7.0.4 for iPhone 4s? people with 4s 7.1 please please please reply to the thread,thanks :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, members who still rock the iPhone 4S will chime in. Anyway, there are numerous reports floating around the web how iOS 7.1 has caused the iPhone 4 to be quite speedy. Some even compare the speed to that of iOS 6.x.x for that particular device. If it's true, I'd like to think that the iPhone 4S would positively impacted as well.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully, members who still rock the iPhone 4S will chime in. Anyway, there are numerous reports floating around the web how iOS 7.1 has caused the iPhone 4 to be quite speedy. Some even compare the speed to that of iOS 6.x.x for that particular device. If it's true, I'd like to think that the iPhone 4S would positively impacted as well.

Thanks :) I have Heard about battery life improving Drastically,I mean to an unbelieveable extent by commentators on imore,redmond-pie etc

other persons do tell your experiences/hunches/opinions AND also is it worth losing the Jailbreak?

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I still have the 4S and 7.1 is a great improvement over 7.0.6. Much less lag, same battery life. No new enhancements to speak of, so the tweaks may keep you on the JB, but the OS is noticeably faster.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I hate how people said "iPhone 4s" is a pleasing experience/Doesn't lag on iOS7 when I asked the opinion to upgrade 4s from 6.1.3 to 7..was disappointed though because It was laggy with parralex turned on and for me,even transparency turned on (Increase contrast Disabled)...And now everyone is like "wow it is snappy"...such hypocrisy...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I hate how people said "iPhone 4s" is a pleasing experience/Doesn't lag on iOS7 when I asked the opinion to upgrade 4s from 6.1.3 to 7..was disappointed though because It was laggy with parralex turned on and for me,even transparency turned on (Increase contrast Disabled)...And now everyone is like "wow it is snappy"...such hypocrisy...

I'm sorry you had lag issues with your 4s. My 4s has never lagged on iOS 7.xx or iOS 7.1.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Never had any lag on my 4S either. But on a 4 it's really anoing, on mine it is anyway :-(

Skickat fr?n Tapatalk

Hugo_Draxxx

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Very gun shy to do this update on mine. Sans any visual enhancements, I'm thinking of sticking with 7.0.6. I'm still very agitated that geotagged reminders aren't working properly now. A new unlock screen isn't compelling enough yet. Enlighten me if I've overlooked 4s goodies that I'm ignorant of. Unlock looks the same on my iPad 2 by the way.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

I too had a 4s running iOS 7 and it was fine. Its a capable phone, not very different to the iPhone 5, which I know have.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ronclone

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes... It's smoother in the SMS app and the overall scrolling is better, still not perfect though... It's not a 5s, and I don't really mind a little stuttering once in a while...

What it's really obvious is, animations are quicker than before, so overall it does feels faster... A must have update in my opinion... In general is surprisingly comparable to a 5. Just a little slower opening apps...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods