After double-clicking the home button, my phone is now locked.

Lady5563

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
and now it seems to be locked and I can't get back in to the phone!
The lady talks and tells me what the buttons are and what they do, but how do I get out of there and just get back to the phone??
Thanks for the help!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean you double-clicked and now can't get back into your phone? If it appears to be "locked", use the passcode to unlock it, and if it is your device, you're the only one who would know what that passcode is.

Lady5563

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I double clicked the round button at the bottom of the phone, the home button.
The home screen appears..the time...the slider to unlock is visible but when i go to slide the screen to get in to the phone...the lady talks and tells me the screen is locked!!!!
I double clicked it only to see what apps may be "open" as I was reading that Candy Crush takes a lot of the battery usage....
I do know my password but right now that is not even an option!

Lady5563

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
When I push the home button right now
The lady comes on and tells me what time it is and then she says screen is locked!!!
Nowhere to enter my code

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do this. Turn the device completely OFF. Afterwards, turn the device back on. Now slide to unlock like you normally would to get to your home screen.

Lady5563

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
It's like in a "tutorial" mode!!!
The different icons, the date the time, will become highlighted and she tells me what they are!!!!
Looks like I'll be needing to run over to the phone store!!!
Ughhhh
LOL
Thanks for all the help, will keep trying to get in!

Lady5563

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
When I hold down the power off button, that screen appears, I see the "slide to power off" and it highlights it but it won't allow me to slide and cut it off!!!!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting the phone. Hold the power button on top and the home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo then release the buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Hold them both down firmly. Not just click. Wait for the Apple logo. Then release.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Lady5563

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Okay, managed to get to the apple logo....
it just came back on....she said something like..."voice over run" then said "screen locked" my phone never "talked" to me before!!

Lady5563

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
After looking around
It seems as if I am in "voice over mode"

I'm just going to go over to the phone store.
I am pretty tech savvy but I can't seem to manage to get out of this voice over mode!!!
Thanks for all your help guys
When I get back and have it figured out I'll let you know what I find out!
I am not the only one to have done this and I'm pretty confident that I won't be the last!!!
LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox