Yesterday the LCD on my phone started to flicker and then died on me. The screen now shows weird lines and I can't see any picture. I went to the Apple store but they said the phone can't be fixed and since I am out of warantee nothing can be gone. Any recommendations on what to do with the phone besides turning it into a paperweight?

Follow me on Instagram and Twiitter @StrictlyRoses
    01-29-2014 08:36 PM
    If you had AppleCare or insurance of some kind via your carrier, you could pursue replacement via either of those means... You could also try and find a 3rd party repair service and have a new screen installed... Or simply buy a replacement from a 3rd party.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-29-2014 08:43 PM
    If you had AppleCare or insurance of some kind via your carrier, you could pursue replacement via either of those means... You could also try and find a 3rd party repair service and have a new screen installed... Or simply buy a replacement from a 3rd party.
    I purchased apple care but they said it had expired since it was for two years. No carrier insurance. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestions b

01-30-2014 07:33 AM
    Apple should be able to replace it for around $199, but you should be able to easily find a local repair place who will do it for around $100. My oldest son got his replaced at a nearby mall and purchased a new lightning cable and the total was around $120.
    01-30-2014 11:15 AM
    Apple should be able to replace it for around $199, but you should be able to easily find a local repair place who will do it for around $100. My oldest son got his replaced at a nearby mall and purchased a new lightning cable and the total was around $120.
    Thanks! I'll consider it if I find a vendor cheap enough. I just bought a 5s on AT&T so I can't use the phone anymore anyhow since it was a Sprint phone.

01-30-2014 08:56 PM
    Thanks! I'll consider it if I find a vendor cheap enough. I just bought a 5s on AT&T so I can't use the phone anymore anyhow since it was a Sprint phone.

ConGrats on your new 5s...ENJOY
    01-31-2014 08:37 AM

Even if you switched carriers and this happened on your old phone, it still may be worth while to do a screen replacement from a third party for around $100 (as stated above). That way you will still be able to get a good return on a sale if you choose to do so.
    01-31-2014 10:21 AM

The company I work for Digiexpress.us has a mail in repair service, if you aren't PA local. Screen rep costs 80.24 with warranty again defect on service and on part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-06-2014 08:33 PM