iPhone 4s (6.1.3,bought used didn't restore it,cause didn't know if it is necessary and also didn't know how to,read below you will get my point)

and my device configuration goes as follows

Apps = 47 (,fb,viber,tango,messanger,soundcloud,espn cricinfo app,notes app from itunes,chrome,download manager,fileapp,Open office,Adobe reader,vlc,songza etc)

Benchmarking tool: Battery app from itunes store

Push notifications for:

Mail app: 2 accounts on push,1 on fetch (minutes)

Facebook messenger

Whatsapp

Espn Cricinfo app (live cricket score,though not so reliable push)

Tapatalk: 3 forums

Weather widget (lol :P)

First the GENERAL LAG: I get sort of "low-framerate" type of lag while scrolling lists in adobe reader,in settings aswell at times,and in other apps with long lists or rich

content,strangely no lag USually on safari,where it had to be,the only lag in safari is usually due to my weak connection where website is just loading and i tend to scroll down

Kindly help me with this it really frusterates me,I bought this idevice (my first any-smart device) just for its efficiceny and this drives me crazy,i

ditched android ONLY for this

NOW: the Memory management issues and the resultant lag in heavy tasking apps/safari while multitasking

When my device has no apps in switcher,whenever i check the memory status from battery app,it is above 50%...usually 50-68%...I don't know if this is normal or what,but fine

for me..but as i open music and say,notes and fb messenger/songza/ etc. or even a low memory app (whatsapp etc) and check the battery app,the memory usage is 85-94% and here the lag creeps up a bit if i type longer in notes etc,and sometimes if i open 8-9 apps,it works for few minutes ,and then phone resprings..

THe Strange bit is whenever i click free up memory,the memory usage goes back down to 74% or so..making everything quite slick

typing in open office is Impossible for the kind of lag i get,songza + open office = impossible...typing gets stuttering and all,don't know what to do..

as now i have jailbroken my device the memory issue crept up more,but i have deleted the apps and now it is less annoying (less than the tweaks applied,not the above mentioned frusterations :P)

Kindly help needed????

any solid suggestions? causes??? any more info you need i am ready to tell but i really want to make my device efficient,and want to use it jailbroken?

do i need a restore? if yes,then can i restore to the same firmware (6.1.3) (NOTE: i have jailbroken it)...even if no? then how do i restore?
    01-28-2014 03:36 PM
    Do you close the apps that are running in the background?
    01-28-2014 03:38 PM
    Do you close the apps that are running in the background?

while running what? what is the purpose of the device when i can't listen to songza while copying and formatting/editing from notes to open office (just an example)...as i said i rarely

open 8-9 apps,and I DONT THINK this problem has to occur even if i open 8-9 apps in which 5 are stock apps,cause ios takes a bit of a time to launch apps then which is annoying

a bit
    01-28-2014 03:46 PM
    Since you are jailbroken try this tweak. It's called iCleaner Pro. This is the repo:http://exile90software.com/cydia . It gets rid of uneeded file space on the phone and could help speed it up.
    Last edited by iOS Gravity; 01-28-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    01-28-2014 06:25 PM
    We spoke earlier Kashan and I know your happy with your current iOS version you also stated you bought your 4s used and never restored it I believe that's your main issue

Try the iCleaner mentioned above if that doesn't clear up your issues I recommend you do an iCloud backup and restore to the current iOS 7.0.4 then you can restore from backup and re-jailbreak your device its really a simple process and you will not lose anything

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-28-2014 06:48 PM
    Since you are jailbroken try this tweak. It's called iCleaner Pro. This is the repo:Ivano Bilenchi's Cydia Repository . It gets rid of uneeded file space on the phone and could help speed it up.
    We spoke earlier Kashan and I know your happy with your current iOS version you also stated you bought your 4s used and never restored it I believe that's your main issue

Try the iCleaner mentioned above if that doesn't clear up your issues I recommend you do an iCloud backup and restore to the current iOS 7.0.4 then you can restore from backup and re-jailbreak your device its really a simple process and you will not lose anything

Actually i tried did try icleaner,also deleted some of the unused languages and voice command languages to free-up space,but it didn't help idk why...guess i have to upgrade

then,hope it solves,kindly give me some hope D You know after posting many critical remarks (*frustrations),i still don't wanna lost this gem,it is awesome because ... i don't

know but it just works and it is good...

So here I am,going to upgrade it to 7.0 And I will not restore my backup just in case something faulty happens,happy to resettle my phone

just some quick questions

can I use iTunes restore method to upgrade to 7.0.4 (is it legit btw?) I have reasons for it because here we suffer from powerloss a lot,so maybe i can turn on my generator and upgrade from manually downloaded ipsw (no niggles)

Also

Would it wipe "everything from the device" ? and making it freshly-new ?
    01-28-2014 07:54 PM
    And I suddenly found out i can place reminders on lockscreen/NC both in ios 7... HURRAYYY xD finally,adds up to a key reason to upgrade...

Hope I don't get the lag on my device,hope hope hope

and this time i really want to use it in "iOS" way,suspending reminders,notes,messages,phone,other 3-4 apps in background all the time,literally all the time,this really helps...but don't know well,Hope that it works,or i would have to migrate to android :| :|
    01-28-2014 07:57 PM
    Yes. It would wipe the device completely and update you to iOS 7.0.4 but I think you need internet to restore. I hope it all works out for you in the end.
    01-28-2014 08:00 PM
    Yes using iTunes is legal and until icloud it was the only way to update your OS

A clean install is your best bet and you will be pleasantly surprised with the results

Let us know how you make out 👍

Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-28-2014 08:08 PM
    Yes using iTunes is legal and until icloud it was the only way to update your OS

A clean install is your best bet and you will be pleasantly surprised with the results

Let us know how you make out 

ahan

btw I had an experience few weeks ago as i have a "gevey sim",my device was locked down due to me wrongly entering the ID (T-mobile Code 2343091) and it said "your device is

not activated please activate" stuff like that,i had a wifi connected and as soon as i hit ok/activate,it activated and then i started to use my phone,IS IT THE one "signing apple" thing that you all talk about? if it is,then i passed it perfectly,means apple still signing 6.1.3 for iPhone 4s? ??
    01-28-2014 08:47 PM
    Apple is not signing iOS 6.1.3 for the devices that can support the iOS 7 update.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-28-2014 10:05 PM
    Apple is not signing iOS 6.1.3 for the devices that can support the iOS 7 update.
    i swere i did something like that few weeks ago (well don't know if it that was a proper sign up or just a regular activation)
    01-29-2014 12:45 AM
    i swere i did something like that few weeks ago (well don't know if it that was a proper sign up or just a regular activation)

:P lol to the above post but i am serious xD man idk how but xD yesss
    01-29-2014 12:45 AM
    What you saw was probably the screen asking you to sign into your Apple ID.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-29-2014 07:41 AM

Let us know how you make out 

so i am updating to 7.0.4 via a manually downloaded IPSW,is it fine?? (we have power losses so updating from "updating iphone" option is very much dangerous)
    01-29-2014 07:43 AM
    Well good luck hopefully the 45 minute average download will be outage free

Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-29-2014 07:47 AM
    Of I see you downloaded first ok it should be fine

Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-29-2014 07:48 AM

Thank you thank you thank you so much mate,you really gave me some life..hope the issue resolves,I really don't wanna buy something else now (bb10/droid :P )
    01-29-2014 07:55 AM

got the error 1667 ? what do i do now?
    01-29-2014 08:11 AM
    That error most likely means you downloaded the wrong file

Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-29-2014 08:32 AM
    You need to download the current version 7.0.4

Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-29-2014 08:33 AM
    If you get any errors, simply google them. These occur mainly when the iPhone is not connected in DFU mode properly or the file you downloaded is not for the iPhone 4S. You can download the .0.4 for iPhone 4S from Felix Bruns. Next, you should seriously complete wipe and upgrade. I never had any such issue of low ram and lagging on my 4S which was running 6.1.3 and then updated to 7.0.4. Best of luck.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-30-2014 10:58 AM
    What you saw was probably the screen asking you to sign into your Apple ID.

You need to download the current version 7.0.4

If you get any errors, simply google them. These occur mainly when the iPhone is not connected in DFU mode properly or the file you downloaded is not for the iPhone 4S. You can download the .0.4 for iPhone 4S from Felix Bruns. Next, you should seriously complete wipe and upgrade. I never had any such issue of low ram and lagging on my 4S which was running 6.1.3 and then updated to 7.0.4. Best of luck.

Well i have updating my 4s to 7.0.4 and here are the observations,

so far installed only facebook and battery doctor app

The phone was sort of laggy in switching from landscape to potrait and viceversa,the animation stuttered a tinge,but annoyed me,so i turned off parallax from accessibilities and

Now it is running fine,No System lag,facebook lags just a tinge due to network maybe (slow opening of sites so a bit of stutter,doesn't matter much)

I have checked it with battery docter with Notes,reminders,calenders and messages opened along with facebook app and the usage sometimes still goes as high as 94%

But the memory management is quite efficient by now and it frees up to 80% or 72% sometimes automatically

BUT the thing which i am still noticiing is whenever i click on free-up memory,the memory frees,say from 94% to 68% and that DOES make a difference,i don't know what

is happening which app is creating that memory bug (or if it is a bug xD),i have jailbroken now and it is running fine

wanna ask any memory optimization apps on cydia/itunes?

any general iOS 7 cydia tweak that can improve the performance of OS?

any app which can free up memory automatically when it reaches a certain limit (say 90%)? ?? kindly help me?
    02-01-2014 04:43 AM
    Try installing FakeClockup.
    kataran and Kashan Osama like this.
    02-01-2014 07:46 AM
    Glad you was able to finish your install I was wondering how you made out 👍

I'm not to familiar with JB tweaks but I'm sure someone will be by to give you advice in that area

Kashan Osama likes this.
    02-01-2014 07:46 AM
26 12